JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There are at least two rock pits so I'm not sure which one people are referring to. One is to the left of the road splt then down 1/4 mile or so. The other is when you continue straight at the split then turn right.
The first rock pit is where we cleaned. I've seen the upper to the right also. And just before the upper was another gravel area with a semi long, narrow lane that my be a 100?

Depending on where shooting from, the pit on the left might get close to 100 yards, at least 80. I set up at 50 yards and there was room behind me it would be safe to shoot from and on the other side of my target. However it is a bit uphill but still plenty of backstop.

Depending on where shooting from, the pit on the left might get close to 100 yards, at least 80. I set up at 50 yards and there was room behind me it would be safe to shoot from and on the other side of my target. However it is a bit uphill but still plenty of backstop.
The only problem for me is my target stand setup and uneven ground. There are better spots if available. Also, I haven't been to that pit lately. The last time the pit was massively larger. It used to support several different shooting parties. Now just one. Unless things have changed.

The only problem for me is my target stand setup and uneven ground. There are better spots if available. Also, I haven't been to that pit lately. The last time the pit was massively larger. It used to support several different shooting parties. Now just one. Unless things have changed.
Might work with two if all are good neighbors and relatively sober, but yes the ground at further distances is def sloped.

Last Edited:
g_un_locked posted a new review for the resource Salmonberry Road
I bought a cell phone signal booster and it helps. WeBoost brand. If your phone has a little signal, it will boost it. If there's no signal, there will still be no signal. I think it was around $350 for the whole car one, or you can buy a 1 phone only booster. Mine does work real nice.

Thanks for your reviews on Salmonberry and Tahuya. Good to hear an honest evaluation.

Bill

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top