JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@calebasher Hopefully you're never in a situation where a bad guy is doing you or your family harm with a weapon. And when the police show up, they say they'd love to help you, but they don't want to be fired or prosecuted.

A man was killed for falling asleep in a drive thru. I think the reaction is justified.

Not even close, but nice attempt to sensationalize and misrepresent it.
Nobody was "killed for falling asleep" anywhere.
A man, who represented a threat to a Police officer, was neutralized IE the threat was dealt with.
He passed out in a car. He obviously drove drunk. Neither of these are capital offenses, but they demonstrate poor judgement. His judgement then got worse...a lot worse...when he decided to take the taser, run, then turn and point at the cop.
I'm seriously curious...why do you try to defend the indefensible?

And back to the topic at hand...

I saw some police commentary on the video and they agreed that it was a justifiable shoot based on their department's guidelines.

I think from here on out, no matter what the perpetrator does, if a cop shoots a black man, then there will be riots and demands for justice. I think we've reached the point of no return for society, sadly.

So what now? Is it OK that more cops are going to die because they hesitate to use lethal force? One side says yes. They hate cops and want them all dead. How do we move forward as a society when a vocal and violent minority (Speaking of leftists and not just African Americans) refuses to acknowledge the authority of the police?

Either we let them run rampant and be lawless, or we crack down and remove them from society.

ETA: Personally deleted due to context being lost subsequent to thread being cleaned up.
Mods, you may delete this post in its entirety if you so choose.

Last Edited:
I was watching some videos evaluating that situation, and right before he was shot it looked like he fired the taser at the officer, the taser let out a bright light and one of the officers seemed to be aware that it was fired at him.

As has been said, a taser is designed to temporarily disable a person. A police officer can not risk being disabled by a taser because he will no longer have control over his own firearm which can pose a threat to everyone else if his firearm is taken.

I feel like the government needs to figure out who all of these protesters/rioters/looters are, and any that are on social benefits needs to have their benefits cancelled. I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of the trouble makers (not protesters) are on welfare/subsidized housing. Obviously the antifas are mostly trust fund babies.

Analysis. Between June 2001 and June 2007, there were at least 245 cases of deaths of subjects after having been shocked using Tasers. Of these cases: In 7 cases, medical examiners said Tasers were a cause or a contributing factor or could not be ruled out as a cause of death.

While a taser is normally less than lethal it is not always the case. The officers may not have know for sure what was being pointed at them. The suspect could have had a gun on him too.

The moral of these stories is that the black suspects will never be faulted for even partially contributing to their own deaths. From here on out they will be free to resist as they wish and it is up to the officers to overcome that resistance without causing death or they will be 100% at fault. Not a good place to be for a cop.

Good shoot in my opinion. You have an intoxicated person. He is tested and in the process of arrest. He resists by pulling away and not cooperating. Officer goes to the taser and it's ineffective. Suspect while still resisting steals taser gets up and runs with the taser in hand. Officers pursue on foot. The Suspect who is now less than 21 feet from the Officer (max range of most tasers ) turns around, and points the taser at the Officer. This is where it gets to be an unknown you see the flash so he is pulling the trigger on the taser. That means he may have actually fired the taser, Officer shoots suspect.
I don't know the laws in Georgia, but in Florida these are the charges he would have faced. These are just the ones we know from the reports and just the actions seen in the Wendy's video.
1). D. U. I. misdemeanor but depends on how many he has in his past, could be a felony.
2). Resisting without violence. Misdemeanor
3). Resisting with violence Felony
4). Grand theft for stealing the taser. Felony
5). Depriving an Officer of a weapon. Felony
6). Aggravated Assault against a Police Officer felony. That is a rundown of charges the suspect was looking at like I said just based on the little amount of information we are aware of. The real travesty is that PIG of a mayor calling for the Officer to be fired immediately, So because an Officer shot a violent criminal who happens to be black, he should be fired?? Why isn't she telling the residents to calm down and stop committing crime and not to resist the Police?? Remember if you don't commit crime the Police leave you alone. What about due process?? Again the idiot liberals siding with a criminal.

Police confronted a black man who was intoxicated and fell asleep in his car in a Wendy's drive-thru. He resists arrest, wrestles with the officers, steals one of their tasers, and starts to run away. He turns and points the taser at them, so they shoot and kill him.

Not sure if threatening officers with a taser rises to the threat of deadly force in which comparable deadly force is justified. Perhaps it is. I know officers are justified in using deadly force if a suspect is fleeing that presents a grave danger to the public. Not sure a drunk guy with a taser rises to that level. In any case, the Chief of Police resigned and it has fanned the flames against police, again.

Yes it does, let me explain why. If the taser hits the Officer he is incapacitated. Suspect could take his gun.

Police confronted a black man who was intoxicated and fell asleep in his car in a Wendy's drive-thru. He resists arrest, wrestles with the officers, steals one of their tasers, and starts to run away. He turns and points the taser at them, so they shoot and kill him.

Not sure if threatening officers with a taser rises to the threat of deadly force in which comparable deadly force is justified. Perhaps it is. I know officers are justified in using deadly force if a suspect is fleeing that presents a grave danger to the public. Not sure a drunk guy with a taser rises to that level. In any case, the Chief of Police resigned and it has fanned the flames against police, again.

What fanned the flames is that imbecilic pig of a mayor calling for the Officers immediate firing, what about due process. She should have tried to calm the situation and remind these idiots that if they are not commiting crime the Police will not interact with them. The dumb bubblegum democratic mayor should be fired for ramping this thing up.

I really think that this wouldn't have been as much of a story if protests and riots weren't already going on. The current atmosphere adds fuel to the fire.

We, as a society, appear to be devolving and "good shoot or bad" no longer matters. This is becoming about mob rule. Because our "leaders" in certain areas have allowed this to get out of control, they only have one option and that's to continue to follow the mob. The mob demands firing and charges filed, so that's what I think will happen. If the mob is not happy with the charges, they will demand they be increased. It just happened.

And then wait for the actual trials. Facts and laws do not matter to the mob. They have already convicted and expect "justice".

I guess I have the luxury of not being in law enforcement ... if I were then I'd probably seriously be looking at a career change right now because it looks like they are losing the support of the leaders. At least in certain areas of the country. I have there utmost respect for these heros for doing something I could not do.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews