JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What about due process?? Again the idiot liberals siding with a criminal.

Prediction: the George Floyd officers (except Chauvin) and the Atlanta officers will have their jobs re-instated with back pay.

You can't (well, obviously they did) summarily fire someone without due process. This is mob mentality, and basically the exact same reactions of good ol' fashioned witch hunts.

And back to the topic at hand...

I saw some police commentary on the video and they agreed that it was a justifiable shoot based on their department's guidelines.

I think from here on out, no matter what the perpetrator does, if a cop shoots a black man, then there will be riots and demands for justice. I think we've reached the point of no return for society, sadly.

So what now? Is it OK that more cops are going to die because they hesitate to use lethal force? One side says yes. They hate cops and want them all dead. How do we move forward as a society when a vocal and violent minority (Speaking of leftists and not just African Americans) refuses to acknowledge the authority of the police?

Either we let them run rampant and be lawless, or we crack down and remove them from society.
I'm concerned that the feds will bring in there own police very soon. They will look at it as 1,000's of police departments all running there own show and what they feel is right and wrong. Which is our god given freedom to do so. And it's why I live in a conservative state.
Feds say it's easier to manage 1 system nation wide.
Only possibly solution is maybe higher standards to be a cop. Higher pay. Maybe add some different training.
But that won't work probably because $500,000 a year doesn't keep you alive with THUGS!!!!

Not sure if threatening officers with a taser rises to the threat of deadly force in which comparable deadly force is justified. Perhaps it is. I know officers are justified in using deadly force if a suspect is fleeing that presents a grave danger to the public. Not sure a drunk guy with a taser rises to that level. In any case, the Chief of Police resigned and it has fanned the flames against police, again.
Didn't know a taser was a deadly weapon at distance.

Hmm.
Tasers are considered an impedance tactic, meaning they are used to stop aggressive people through neuromuscular incapacitation. Knowing what its like to be tased/incapacitated and the threat that it poses, I would respond with deadly force.
Analysis. Between June 2001 and June 2007, there were at least 245 cases of deaths of subjects after having been shocked using Tasers. Of these cases: In 7 cases, medical examiners said Tasers were a cause or a contributing factor or could not be ruled out as a cause of death.

While a taser is normally less than lethal it is not always the case. The officers may not have know for sure what was being pointed at them. The suspect could have had a gun on him too.

Whatever other errors in judgement the fleeing felon made don't matter. He cannot be allowed to flee after taking a taser and firing it at the cop.

Although each dept has it's own "use of force" rules, it is axiomatic that the taser is designed to incapacitate. The thing that should be, should HAVE been, the focus here is the long history of police officers that have had their own weapons/firearms taken and used against them, resulting in injury or death of the officer. That cannot be allowed to happen!!! That should be the main consideration and justification, but also:

As has been said, a violent perp who is willing to fire a taser at a cop cannot be allowed to run around the area, or our communities, with said weapon, or the possibility of the cops firearm!!! That perp is both an immediate and a future danger to others!!! It does not matter that he was running away at the time... he cannot be allowed to run free with such a weapon!!! The threat must be stopped. What are the cops supposed to do today, ask violent offenders to please stop misbehaving???

This is the same everywhere... even an ATTEMPT to take a cops' taser WILL get you killed.

Last Edited:
I was watching some videos evaluating that situation, and right before he was shot it looked like he fired the taser at the officer, the taser let out a bright light and one of the officers seemed to be aware that it was fired at him.

As has been said, a taser is designed to temporarily disable a person. A police officer can not risk being disabled by a taser because he will no longer have control over his own firearm which can pose a threat to everyone else if his firearm is taken.

I feel like the government needs to figure out who all of these protesters/rioters/looters are, and any that are on social benefits needs to have their benefits cancelled. I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of the trouble makers (not protesters) are on welfare/subsidized housing. Obviously the antifas are mostly trust fund babies.
I spent a number of years in Cleveland as a Patrol Sergeant working under a black liberal mayor who marched linked arm and arm with a platoon of Black Panthers down Euclid Avenue, shutting down traffic on the main street in downtown Cleveland. I quit and went into Federal LE when it became obvious that unless I enforced the law selectively, forgiving the same behavior by black militant liberals that I was arresting white criminals for, I would have no backup from my supervisors who were struggling to hang on to their careers in the face of the anti-white bigotry which even before the riots made all LEOs jobs there more dangerous than they inherently were.
This incident is a perfect example...this obviously large, strong guy is arrested, he takes two officers to the ground, wrestles a taser from one of them, then runs, turns and fires or threatens to fire the taser at them. If one of the pursuing offices is hit by the taser he is then incapacitated. This fleeing felon (assault and battery on an officer) who has already demonstrated his goal is to obtain the officers weapon, would then be capable of taking it from the now incapacitated officer and shooting him and the other officer. At what point do officers die because they were afraid to make the decision to use lethal force in order to save their own (or another persons) life because the (now) escaping felon is black. Thank God I no longer have to work the streets, in uniform, attempting to protect the public and administer fair and honest justice. As a cop I lost my family because my wife was terrified and afraid to answer the telephone when I was on duty because it might be the call that all LEO families dread. After retiring from my Federal Narc career I now work as an Investigator for a SW Oregon Sheriff's Office and every day I pray for the safety and sanity of all the young men who have the courage to pin on the badge and dress in the uniform and go out there to protect the innocent public while making themselves the targets of ANTIFA and the like, accept responsibility for making life and death split second decisions without the support of their administrative supervisors, and exposing themselves and their families to crippling lawsuits and constant threat of being arrested themselves. Ex LEOS do not last long in prison.
Scott
Semper Fi

I spent a number of years in Cleveland as a Patrol Sergeant working under a black liberal mayor who marched linked arm and arm with a platoon of Black Panthers down Euclid Avenue, shutting down traffic on the main street in downtown Cleveland. I quit and went into Federal LE when it became obvious that unless I enforced the law selectively, forgiving the same behavior by black militant liberals that I was arresting white criminals for, I would have no backup from my supervisors who were struggling to hang on to their careers in the face of the anti-white bigotry which even before the riots made all LEOs jobs there more dangerous than they inherently were.
This incident is a perfect example...this obviously large, strong guy is arrested, he takes two officers to the ground, wrestles a taser from one of them, then runs, turns and fires or threatens to fire the taser at them. If one of the pursuing offices is hit by the taser he is then incapacitated. This fleeing felon (assault and battery on an officer) who has already demonstrated his goal is to obtain the officers weapon, would then be capable of taking it from the now incapacitated officer and shooting him and the other officer. At what point do officers die because they were afraid to make the decision to use lethal force in order to save their own (or another persons) life because the (now) escaping felon is black. Thank God I no longer have to work the streets, in uniform, attempting to protect the public and administer fair and honest justice. As a cop I lost my family because my wife was terrified and afraid to answer the telephone when I was on duty because it might be the call that all LEO families dread. After retiring from my Federal Narc career I now work as an Investigator for a SW Oregon Sheriff's Office and every day I pray for the safety and sanity of all the young men who have the courage to pin on the badge and dress in the uniform and go out there to protect the innocent public while making themselves the targets of ANTIFA and the like, accept responsibility for making life and death split second decisions without the support of their administrative supervisors, and exposing themselves and their families to crippling lawsuits and constant threat.
Scott
Semper Fi
Thanks for you facets of your service career. Isn't funny that nobody gets a body cam and local news spotting there accounting job, post office job, mechanic, salesman, attorney.
But of course this isn't about police brutality or racism. It's about power. Money. And laziness.

Atlanta is a city well known for reverse racism.. Many cases of whites being discriminated by black people, especially in the business arena. Also, Atlanta has one of the highest amount of black on white crime in the USA>

But nobody will talk about that because it is politically incorrect and the Mayor is a Democrat party BLM zealot.

I am sick and tired of the constant race baiting war liberals are making where they keep treating black people as the victims of white oppression but dismiss all the wrongdoings that black people do, as if they are just such a bunch of innocent cupcakes being slaughtered by the evil white people and the police.

As far as the shoot, I think he got what was coming to him. I don't think shooting him in the back was the greatest idea, because neither your or I can do that. Then again, you and I are not under any obligation to chase him down and apprehend him either. Does that mean I blame the cop for doing it? No.. They were in fear of their life and he obviously was hellbent on attacking the cops.. He already proved he likes disarming the cops.. I certainly believe if he tased both cops he would take their guns and kill them both.

This guy was an intoxicated thug (or maybe seriously mentally ill) and seem to be hellbent on trying to attack the cops. One thing the media never talks about is how many cops have been murdered with their own weapons.. Cops being killed by thugs of course warrants no memorials or protests.

As far as burning down their own Wendy's, they probably did their arteries a favor.. Yeah, sure, blame Wendy's which had nothing to freakin do with it for the shooting of this scumbag who attacked two (fairly polite) cops.

Oh , I pity any cops who want to work for the Atlanta PD... There are parts of Atlanta the cops don't really even like to go I have heard. Crime has gone down in Atlanta, but if they cut their police force there, it can go back to its more Detroit with Southern flare persona it had throughout the years.

This guy fights two officers to the point of taking a police issue Taser away but was probably trying for the cops' sidearm!

Backstory - Atlanta fired four officers, and charged two more officers for tasering two people in a car while resisting arrest after a May 30 protest (riot), after curfew for "excessive force" and Fox news also quoted someone in power there in Atlanta as saying that the Tasers use in this case was "deadly force." I think all six officers are black with decades of experience. Also, one of the suspects, I mean victims, of that Tasering said she thought she was going to die...lawsuit to follow.

To my point, I believe yesterday's use of deadly force WAS Justified, and by the mayor and city attorney's own statements about the Taser use two weeks ago.

This was a good shoot, and all of these police officers should get their jobs back, public apologies up and down by the chain of command, and compensation!

Won't happen though...world turned upside down :confused:

When the good guys who risk their life savings, their families security and peace of mind, and their own lives every day to protect the public and then has the public vilify and threaten them something Is drastically wrong with our society.
Scott
Semper Fi

I have the 25 foot cartridges. And when you think of how much force is required to send a dart 25 feet and through clothing, you start to understand what an untrained idiot with a laser-aimed device would do with it/aim at. I'm not taking a dart to the eye.
First let me say thank you for being out there, doing the job. I was an Officer and a Detective for 24 years in South Florida. I don't know how anyone can be a Police Officer out here where the most overturned appeals court (9th Circuit ) in the nation rules. . I have been retired for 11 years so I was pretty sure things had changed with tasers but I knew they were 21 feet when I was carrying and using one even as a Detective. Stay safe.

First let me say thank you for being out there, doing the job. I was an Officer and a Detective for 24 years in South Florida. I don't know how anyone can be a Police Officer out here where the most overturned appeals court (9th Circuit ) in the nation rules. . I have been retired for 11 years so I was pretty sure things had changed with tasers but I knew they were 21 feet when I was carrying and using one even as a Detective. Stay safe.
Thank you for your service. I spent 7 years working out of Miami as an undercover narc flying dope for the cartels. I left that after my cover was blown (by a public relations idiot in Washington who printed my photo on the front cover of a national magazine). I spent the next 20 plus years working as a private contractor in the intelligence community overseas. i left Miami in 1976 in the midst of the cocaine wars. I started there in 1969 and was fortunate to be there when I was, it was beautiful and relatively unspoiled then, abundant lobster easy to get under the 7 mile bridge if you were a good swimmer. I sure miss the Cuban refugees I pulled out after Batista fell and the food they brought to Miami. Fine people, no more loyal and appreciative new Americans. For the past 10 years I've been working as an Investigator for a Sheriff's Office in Southern Oregon. I can't imagine being anything other than an LEO but am thankful that my street days are over and I made it out clean and whole (mostly).
Scott
Sember Fi

Thank you for your service. I spent 7 years working out of Miami as an undercover narc flying dope for the cartels. I left that after my cover was blown (by a public relations idiot in Washington who printed my photo on the front cover of a national magazine). I spent the next 20 plus years working as a private contractor in the intelligence community overseas. i left Miami in 1976 in the midst of the cocaine wars. I started there in 1969 and was fortunate to be there when I was, it was beautiful and relatively unspoiled then, abundant lobster easy to get under the 7 mile bridge if you were a good swimmer. I sure miss the Cuban refugees I pulled out after Batista fell and the food they brought to Miami. Fine people, no more loyal and appreciative new Americans. For the past 10 years I've been working as an Investigator for a Sheriff's Office in Southern Oregon. I can't imagine being anything other than an LEO but am thankful that my street days are over and I made it out clean and whole (mostly).
Scott
Sember Fi
I am sure we have been to several of the same places, for food and work. Most of the repeat offenders I went after were from Dade county which is now called Miami Dade county. I worked in Broward in a city called Pembroke Pines. Second largest city in the county now. Left in 2009 and haven't looked back once yet. The food is about the only thing I miss besides the men and women I worked with. Most of the ones I was close with have retired now also. Stay safe.

Thank you for your service! Tasers now have color coded cartridges for how far you wanna shoot.

His death is ruled a homicide.. I sure hope they mean justified homicide but probably not. If they are going to put this cop in prison for shooting this thug , I will almost guarantee there will be mass police walkouts in every major city in America. Who the hell wants to police the savages in many of these inner cities when now you are pretty much have a target on your back and your own city will feed you to the wolves... All I got to say is the liberal idiots who try to take away people's gun rights, now they are going incriminate the police for doing their job. I am all for reforming problems in police departments but now they are going to turn every freakin cop into a murderer who kills a black person. Political correctness and hatred of white people by radical liberals/black supremacists has reached a new high in this country.

I will say the city of Atlanta will regret declaring war on their own police department.. Hope this mayor, DA and other slimy politicians are ok with providing their own security detail from now. They will need it.

A YouTube channel called "Officer Tatum" I just found has put up some good recordings of the resisting arrest piece of this. He gave a good walk-through of events from his perspective as an officer...worth a look...be safe.

Clean shoot.

Rayshard Brooks would still be alive if 1) He chose to drink in moderation instead of getting drunk 2) Chose not to drink and drive 3) Chose not to drive drunk and fall asleep at the wheel 3) Chose not to resist arrest 4) Chose not to steal a LEOs taser 5) Chose not to elude still resisting arrest 6) Chose not to point a taser at a LEO while eluding.

Seems like he made several successive poor decisions, ultimately leading to his death. And the officer was justified, because Brooks could have incapacitated an officer with the taser and took their firearm.

I cannot believe people are giving criminals a free pass, because of the color of their skin, society is doomed.

I cannot believe people are giving criminals a free pass, because of the color of their skin...
Man, you just ain't "woke" enough yet... o_O

Seriously, this bubblegum has gotten so far out of hand it's not longer funny. You're right, we are doomed.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews