Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Good one, "Cop Leaves menacing-looking rifle on the trunk of a Seattle Police car"

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by sailorman2010, Jun 28, 2011.

1. sailorman2010

sailorman2010 Tri-Cities, WA Member

2. DoubleTapDrew

DoubleTapDrew Oregon Well-Known Member

Thats magnitudes worse than driving off with a gallon of milk on the roof of your car.

3. vmkeith

vmkeith Vancouver, Washington, United States Member

This quote says it all. It's true that people do make mistakes and I do feel sorry for that officer because SPD is going to investigate, but the biggest issue was the weapon was left unattended. Any nut job could have walked off with it...how long would it have been before the officer realized his rifle was missing?

4. sailorman2010

sailorman2010 Tri-Cities, WA Member

Well, I was thinking to the article a few months back or longer, about how the WSP was sending letters out to gun stores asking for all info on all AR-15 sales in the last two years. Kind of reminds me of that, because some LE forgot to hide his weapon. I'm glad nobody got it and ran with it.

5. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

What an idiot! The officer that left a rifle on his patrol car should be rewarded with a desk job and a reduction in pay.

6. oregonty

oregonty Salem, OR Active Member

I wonder if that officer has ever done a "desk pop"???

7. oasis618

oasis618 Tacoma, Wa Active Member

I was thinking about doing one of those today. It's been pretty slow.

8. Garg

Garg east of portland metro Hold my beer..... watch this Bronze Supporter

Wonder if it was FA...

9. saxon

saxon springfield Active Member

honest mistake? or just another dont know what happened?
    few years backnow an oregon guardsman on a weekender
    left his M16 in the woods wraped for a pick up by who knows who.
    boy was he suprised when they did inventory and it showed up mising AND they tracked the missing gun to him from supply.
    all of the guard was out that night looking for and found it

10. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

Cops are just human. They make dumb mistakes like the rest of us. No huge deal. He/she will never do it again.

11. vmkeith

vmkeith Vancouver, Washington, United States Member

Yes this is a dumb mistake...but I would definitely say this was a huge deal. Someone could have easily walked away with it...most outdoorsman stores sell AR magazines and .223 ammo is a very common ammo.

12. claypigeon

claypigeon Salem Member

In the costruction trades people lose their jobs for putting other people in harms way. I am going to guess this guy will still have his. Maybe I am wrong.

13. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

Shooting an unarmed person. Tasering someone for kicks. Those are things I don't forgive. A mistake like this, a non-deliberate mistake is absolutely forgivable. I hope he/she doesn't get canned for something like this while some abusive cop gets a pass for killing a guy whittling wood roadside.

Asp, xm193, Cougfan2 and 11 others like this.
  14. WIRED tactical

WIRED tactical Snohomish County, WA Member

Someone almost got a free Police AR (or M4 etc if it was FA)

Most likely it would have been some felon or someone who couldn't legally buy a firearm. It probably wasn't touched because any possible thief thought it was bait.

15. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

I left a Starbucks on my trunk once. I don't feel so stupid anymore :) .

Keith

16. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor Oregon City, Oregon Well-Known Member

Maybe if they painted them UN powder blue with happy faces it would not scare people. Mistakes happen. Like the Portland cop that sprayed a guy that set himself on fire with riot control sized pepper spray instead of a fire extinguisher... They're only human, give em a break... :)

17. PBinWA

PBinWA Clark County Well-Known Member

Women drivers!:winkkiss:

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  18. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

I would have loved to see this and know she was in the coffee shop.It would have taken all of 1 minute to totally dis assemble it and leave it on the car. Keep the mag of course

But you are a complete fool if you are stupid enough to first leave a gun (or just about anything of value) on someone else's car and walk away. And then not know who's car it is,so you can call them and ask where your gun is.

He won't get in too much trouble,but y'all that say it was an easy mistake,probably shouldn't own guns.

You know,right east of there is not that good of neighborhood? There's a jail pretty close?
    Could have been a lot worse in a short period had someone not found some cops

19. saabin

saabin Eugene Active Member

This is pretty careless. At any given second of any given day I could tell you where any of my guns are, what order I loaded them into the safe, which ones aren't in the safe, even what direction the muzzle is pointing on the one I leave in the night stand.

20. SteelyDan

SteelyDan Junction City Active Member

Yeah, cops are human. Wonder how the press and police would treat a citizen who left their loaded weapon behind? Think they would be so charitable towards you or I?!