JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, a few people got a little freaked by seeing an assault weapon (looks to be an M4) on the trunk lid of a police car in Downtown Seattle, oh did I mention it was unattended and then he drove off with it still on his truck without knowing it! But, people do make mistakes.

<broken link removed>

In response, the director of the SPD Office of Professional Accountability said in a statement, "It is unacceptable that a rifle was left unattended on a patrol car and people should expect more from their police department."

This quote says it all. It's true that people do make mistakes and I do feel sorry for that officer because SPD is going to investigate, but the biggest issue was the weapon was left unattended. Any nut job could have walked off with it...how long would it have been before the officer realized his rifle was missing?

Well, I was thinking to the article a few months back or longer, about how the WSP was sending letters out to gun stores asking for all info on all AR-15 sales in the last two years. Kind of reminds me of that, because some LE forgot to hide his weapon. I'm glad nobody got it and ran with it.

honest mistake? or just another dont know what happened?
few years backnow an oregon guardsman on a weekender
left his M16 in the woods wraped for a pick up by who knows who.
boy was he suprised when they did inventory and it showed up mising AND they tracked the missing gun to him from supply.
all of the guard was out that night looking for and found it

Shooting an unarmed person. Tasering someone for kicks. Those are things I don't forgive. A mistake like this, a non-deliberate mistake is absolutely forgivable. I hope he/she doesn't get canned for something like this while some abusive cop gets a pass for killing a guy whittling wood roadside.

Maybe if they painted them UN powder blue with happy faces it would not scare people. Mistakes happen. Like the Portland cop that sprayed a guy that set himself on fire with riot control sized pepper spray instead of a fire extinguisher... They're only human, give em a break... :)

I would have loved to see this and know she was in the coffee shop.It would have taken all of 1 minute to totally dis assemble it and leave it on the car. Keep the mag of course

But you are a complete fool if you are stupid enough to first leave a gun (or just about anything of value) on someone else's car and walk away. And then not know who's car it is,so you can call them and ask where your gun is.

He won't get in too much trouble,but y'all that say it was an easy mistake,probably shouldn't own guns.

You know,right east of there is not that good of neighborhood? There's a jail pretty close?
Could have been a lot worse in a short period had someone not found some cops

This is pretty careless. At any given second of any given day I could tell you where any of my guns are, what order I loaded them into the safe, which ones aren't in the safe, even what direction the muzzle is pointing on the one I leave in the night stand.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top