Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Good Concealed Carry holster for Bersa 380

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by James1300, Nov 4, 2010.

1. James1300

James1300 S.E. WA. Member

Looking for suggestions for a 'concealed carry holster' for a 'Bersa 380 Thunder plus'. Suggestions?
    Thanks!

2. glockguy

glockguy Albany Oregon Well-Known Member

how do you want to carry? IWB or OWB

3. iamme

iamme Lane County Well-Known Member

I have a sig 232 that works great in a nice lil leather don hume I believe. Was inexspensive but works well.

4. pokobt

pokobt N. Coast Oregon Member

I am a Simply Rugged fan. The classic pancake style for a .357 snubbie revolver and a pancake for an LCP- they can be worn stong side or cross draw- I love them. Check them out at simplyrugged.com- he has several reviews out there on his products too.

5. James1300

I'm not so much worried about Inside or Outside, as I am comfort.

6. James1300

TTT

7. glockguy

glockguy Albany Oregon Well-Known Member

Crossbreed or Comp tac IWB

8. cyclesarge

cyclesarge Eugene OR, DUH! We're ALL in the NORTHWEST Well-Known Member

Huh? Do you wear apparel that would conceal a OWB? If you do, OWB would probably be better. Quicker draw, more comfortable, more options. If you wear T-shirts most of the time (like I do) IWB works a lot better. Not as comfortable and a little slower to access, but conceal-ability is better.

I ended up making my favorite holster, using a Crossbreed as inspiration, I took the parts I liked and changed to parts I didn't like.

9. j.barnum

j.barnum Oregon Member

I have a Littlebear Holster which is IWB/OWB and can be made into a Tuckable. In fact I have carried between my belt and pants as sort of a tight fitting OWB.
    Contact Dave Galloway at dave@littlebearholsters.com

Dave has good pricing for belts, holsters and even better pricing with sharkskin trim. I have been wearing his sharkskin belt everyday for over a year now and it does not show any wear.

10. Themallardk5

Themallardk5 The Pacific NW New Member

Bersa .380 Thunder CC has been my daily carry for 4 or 5 years now, i have always used the good ol' "uncle mikes" IWB. they only cost about 15 bucks, soft material and do a GREAT job for what i like.

11. itgoesboom

itgoesboom Hillsboro Member

I carried a Bersa for more than a few years. It was my first carry pistol when I first got my permit 8 years ago, and it was my backup until I sold it a few months ago.

While it's a lightweight, and very thin (thus easily concealable) pistol, it's best not to skimp on the holster. A secure, quality holster (and don't forget a good quality belt) makes it so much easier to carry, and reduces the odds of being made.

I used a Comp-Tac shirt tucker, and would still recommend it, despite the fact that I absolutely hate, with every fiber of my being, their company. I don't recommend the C-TAC, but the M-TAC is a very nice holster, better than the old shirt-tucker.

12. Themallardk5

Themallardk5 The Pacific NW New Member

The price of a holster has absolutely nothing to do w/ how well it works. I don't need an expensive belt and holster to properly conceal my pistol. sure i have a box full of expensive holsters in the closet (as most do) but my 15 dollar holster works the best FOR ME. I wouldn't tell this person to go spend all his money on a fancy rig if he's not sure what HE likes yet.--

13. The Cheese

The Cheese somewhere special Member

Mike at Custom Firearms Stands is making some IWB holsters with kydex and leather. Think he might also be doing OWB as well. Shoot him a PM or an email. He is a great guy to work with.

14. itgoesboom

itgoesboom Hillsboro Member

There are bargains out there, and I am glad you found one, but generally a quality holster mated to a quality belt will shift less, which will mean that the person carrying will want to muck with the holster and pistol less while carrying. Adjusting the holster is a major tell that many people who CCW have.

I've wasted far too much money in this life by buying junk, and than having to replace said junk to recommend ever going that route to anyone else. :thumbup:

15. James1300

Well, I got my Bersa! I'm now also looking at a UBG holster. These can be made specificly for Bersa .380 Thunder Plus. >>UBG Holsters

The 'Regulator'. Low riding, side snap scabbard. Conceals surprisingly well. Worn OWB and snaps around your belt.

The reason I'm thinking I want a 'strap style' retention system is because I ride Sport Bikes.
    I can wear a loose fitting outer shirt then my Jacket over. I also wear riding pants.

I may end up with a 'Shoulder' Holster before this is finished.

'Thanks' to all for your input!