JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I found the Glock grip to get slippery and squirm around in my hand when shooting them. This makes me constantly have to reposition my grip shot to shot. I have 2 Gen 4's( a 22 and 32) with the replaceable back-straps and installed the "M" one on both. This one fills in the top of the grip best for me. Next I took the shine off of the top of the grip bumps with 80 grit sandpaper.
Agree about the grip. Yes today I could not get a decent grip to save my life. I couldn't have shot a BB gun today. Out of 200rfs today. I had recoil anticipation probably 15-20 times. Maybe a few more.

+1 for formal training! Do your due diligence regarding Instructor/school choice (this must be said). With a competent Instructor, I can just about guarantee you will get far more out of the instruction than you bargained for.

Remember- Perfection is a path, not a destination.

WMB
The trainer I'm going to work with is a 24 year Marine and firearms instructor. I told him I do not shoot Glocks good at all. He said all you've told me about is fixable. And I can help fix your issues. Everyone at the indoor range recommended him very highly.

One thing to note is Glocks are good, reliable and durable guns but shooting a Glock good is not the same as say a match tuned Sig, CZ, or 1911. You need to shoot it YOUR best not compare it to some gee whizz groups seen on the inter-tubes.

One thing to note is Glocks are good, reliable and durable guns but shooting a Glock good is not the same as say a match tuned Sig, CZ, or 1911. You need to shoot it YOUR best not compare it to some gee whizz groups seen on the inter-tubes.
The part about Glocks, being good durable and reliable, is one of the reasons I wanted to give Glock a try. Not that my M&P's are not good, durable, and reliable. I just know my last time at the range when I had my M&P's with me I had three failure to feed with the original 2.0 compact And three or four failures of the slide not locking back on the brand new 2.0 optics ready compact I'm not saying that those issues wouldn't happen with any other pistol. It's just these last two times at the range when I have shot my 43X I haven't had one issue with it. But I did not bring either of my 2.0 with me today cause I wanted to concentrate solely on the 43X and the 48 that I rented. The one thing I really like about the Glock 43X and 48 is the grip length versus any of the MP Shields.

Then that is illustration would answer why everything is low and left for me, especially with the Glock and not the M&P's.
I, too struggle with the low left grouping with my Glock 48. I find much better accuracy with my CZ P-09. And while it is tougher to conceal, I also like the 19 round magazine capacity. Also, during training sessions, it was frustrating to have to do tactical reloads with 10 round magazines, while other students were just doing mag dumps with their 15 rounders.

Welcome to the world of personal fitment or user interfacing with a firearm. I have 2 Glocks and they serve their purposes just fine. I carry them when I have business in the urban combat zone as I call down town big cities these days. If I have to defend my life and then surrender my weapon to the police I'd much rather it was a Glock than one of my higher end Sigs or CZ's. One thing to note on the targets you posted, all the groups are minute of bad-guy. If you want groups minute of shirt button, well, the correct number of guns is just one more.

Welcome to the world of personal fitment or user interfacing with a firearm. I have 2 Glocks and they serve their purposes just fine. I carry them when I have business in the urban combat zone as I call down town big cities these days. If I have to defend my life and then surrender my weapon to the police I'd much rather it was a Glock than one of my higher end Sigs or CZ's. One thing to note on the targets you posted, all the groups are minute of bad-guy. If you want groups minute of shirt button, well, the correct number of guns is just one more.

OK bud help educate me on the terminology. Not quite sure what you meant by the groups. I showed are one minute of bad guy in a 51 groups one minute a button the answer is one more gun.

If you have the sights lined up on the same spot and shoot a few rounds a group of holes or area of impact is formed, if said group is less than the size of a bad-guy then it's less that minute of bad-guy at that distance. In other words if you'd have been shooting at a real bad-guy you'd have got'em with every shot. Same thing with minute of shirt button only smaller. Glocks aren't known to be match grade guns that are known to shoot tiny little groups hence the just one more gun comment.

If you have the sights lined up on the same spot and shoot a few rounds a group of holes or area of impact is formed, if said group is less than the size of a bad-guy then it's less that minute of bad-guy at that distance. In other words if you'd have been shooting at a real bad-guy you'd have got'em with every shot. Same thing with minute of shirt button only smaller. Glocks aren't known to be match grade guns that are known to shoot tiny little groups hence the just one more gun comment.
Thank you very much I'm being well educated. And I greatly appreciate it.

You probably just need to get a $400 aftermarket barrel, a $300 trigger pack and a $200 dot sight.. and move the target to three feet instead of four.
You can do it!
Right. And put the aftermarket barrel, trigger package and dot sight on a 1911 and sell Glock.

Just an FYI about shooting low and left:

Then that is illustration would answer why everything is low and left for me, especially with the Glock and not the M&P's.

I, too struggle with the low left grouping with my Glock 48. I find much better accuracy with my CZ P-09. And while it is tougher to conceal, I also like the 19 round magazine capacity. Also, during training sessions, it was frustrating to have to do tactical reloads with 10 round magazines, while other students were just doing mag dumps with their 15 rounders.
Shooting low and left is a CLASSIC example of moving the pistol at the time of the trigger press (i.e., "flinching"). There are probably 1000 vids on YouTube about this. It is the most basic problem new shooters have (even some of us old shooters) and THE solution is the GRIP.

Learning how to GRIP a semi-auto correctly will allow you to complete a smooth trigger press without moving the gun.

One of Rob Letham's vids is the quintessential lesson on that issue. And every other credible pistolero out there on YouTube talks about the "low - left" problem and every solution is - GRIP.

Just try the classic dry fire exercise of putting a penny on top of your front sight or at the front of your slide (if it won't balance on the front site). Then dry fire until you can keep the penny from falling off. Again, a zillion vids on YouTube available as resources.

Cheers.

I don't know if it's possible or not, but just curious if it is possible to not be able to shoot a Glock well at all ever. I struggled mightily today at the range with my 43X and a rented 48. That being said, I also struggled with the shield plus, which I shot really good the last time I rented it. But I do know that my 2.0 compact, I shoot it pretty darn well. But I'm sure the grip angle and everything like that on the Glock is got a learning curve. Any thoughts comments and opinions are extremely welcome thank you.
Buy a double action revolver and learn grip, breath control, trigger squeeze, sight alignment - you know, what the old guys do.

For me the smaller the Glock the harder it is to shoot accurately. 43X, I push to the left pretty bad. My G45 I can shoot pretty well. On the other hand, my G20 and G21 are like lasers with large grips installed. It's all about the trigger pull. I've gotten sloppy shooting 1911s and other single actions. If you put the training in, the Glocks will work. You don't need fancy barrels, triggers, or other crap. Well maybe change the plastic sights. Just get good training and use it every time you pull the trigger until it is muscle memory.

For me the smaller the Glock the harder it is to shoot accurately. 43X, I push to the left pretty bad. My G45 I can shoot pretty well. On the other hand, my G20 and G21 are like lasers with large grips installed. It's all about the trigger pull. I've gotten sloppy shooting 1911s and other single actions. If you put the training in, the Glocks will work. You don't need fancy barrels, triggers, or other crap. Well maybe change the plastic sights. Just get good training and use it every time you pull the trigger until it is muscle memory.
I'm setting up some formal training sessions.

I have one gun that we can't seem to shoot worth a darn. It's a Glock 22 with really nice sights on it.
In all fairness I've never shot it at an actual target, but shoot tin cans and clay pigeons.
Usually I can figure out the needed "Kentucky Windage" to make hits, but this gun defies that method. Eventually I will put it on paper and see what the heck is going on with it.
While I prefer the grip angle of the 1911, I grew up shooting a Ruger Standard and don't feel compromised by the Glock.
Until I shoot it, then it's really disappointing.
As a shoutout to @po18guy , I shoot DSA revolvers a lot in DA. I, too, believe that shooting a DA revolver properly can teach great hand/finger control.
There is a family connection to this one Glock and that's the only reason it still occupies a space in the safe.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top