JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's the new model Ruger 9mm?

My SR9c runs like a dream. The trigger is oddly different than the G19 or G34... it has a surprise break. Weirdly, I shoot better pairs with it.

I've heard the SR9C is supposed to have a really good trigger that just gets better as you use it. Ain't the SR9C same size as a 26 or 19?

I've heard the SR9C is supposed to have a really good trigger that just gets better as you use it. Ain't the SR9C same size as a 26 or 19?

We can't have one damn Glock thread without someone mucking it up with POS wannabe's. Jeez.

:D

The fanboys are equally strong with Glock and Tikka, so a collaboration would certainly make sense.

But the collective arousal around here would probably crash the site. Ya'll do love your Tikkas and Glocks...

I'm gonna lose my sh!t here........

:s0012:

All Glock pattern triggers get better with more rounds (the SR9c trigger is licensed by Glock and is the same design). Mine came with some grit and rub that I fixed with a $0.25 polish job ans some work where the trigger bar was rubbing the frame. (Something Glock fixed with the Gen 4 pistols)

Regarding the size... I've owned both 9c and G19. The 9c is smaller as follows, most noticably in the narrow profile that it has while retaining high cap capability. It doesn't spec as much thinner but it's really noticeable. That said, I was looking forward to the enhanced carry factor that would give but wound up putting a Hogue wrap on it since I'm more used to a Glock width grip. It's still a smaller pistol than the 19 tho.

Glock 19 Gen 5 Specs:
  • Caliber: 9x19mm.
  • Length: 7.28"
  • Height: 5.04"
  • Width: 1.34"
  • Barrel: 4.02" – 1:9.84" RH twist – Blued.
  • Trigger: 5 to 6.5 pounds.
  • Sights: Polymer "U" dot configuration, rear adjustable (standard)
  • Weight: 23.99 oz. w/empty magazine.

Ruger SR9c Specs
  • Caliber: 9X19mm Parabellum.
  • Action: Short Recoil, Semi-Automatic.
  • Weight: 23.4 oz.
  • Length: 6.85 inches.
  • Barrel length: 3.5 inches.
  • Width: 1.27 inch.
  • Height: 4.61 inches.
  • Sights: Three Dot, Adjustable.

Note that it is also shorter, a result of a 3.5" barrel instead of the G19's 4" barrel. For those that obsess about an manual safety in addition to the three other safeties a Glock has, there is a version with a standard type manual safety. (I don't use the one on mine because it robs the advantage of simplicity under duress. Yeah, I've shot a few IDPA or USPSA stages with my 2011 where after the buzzer I was cranking on the trigger and wondering wtf, the realizing the safety was still on. Despite lots of training, bubblegume happens.)

Whatever it is, I'm sure it will be similar to something that's already been released, look/feel/shoot like a Glock, and they'll sell a lot of them.
I hope it does well.

Whatever it is, I'm sure it will be similar to something that's already been released, look/feel/shoot like a Glock, and they'll sell a lot of them.
I hope it does well.

I'll buy 5 of whatever it is on general principle.

:D

No matter what it is, if it's more than $500, I'd be far less inclined to buy one. I remember when all Glocks all the time were about 500, now we're doing things like a gen5 G34 MOS for near $800! They're fantastic pistols, but not at HK price points

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top