JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
People take handguns way too seriously. Unless you are a competition shooter, there is very little utilitarian difference between most any handgun on the market. They are all minute of bad guy and all go bang every time (except keltec;)).

People take handguns way too seriously. Unless you are a competition shooter, there is very little utilitarian difference between most any handgun on the market. They are all minute of bad guy and all go bang every time (except keltec;)).

Sorta I think.

It's like saying all women are basically the same cuz they have the same genitals :p.

Personally I'm pretty aware of little differences and something small will turn me on or off.

Loved my GP100 and was sure I wanted a SP101? I think (morning fog). When I held one I hated it.

Oh, and I love that g17 I just got already. Feels and points perfect for me. I'll have to wait a week to shoot it though:(

Sorta I think.

It's like saying all women are basically the same cuz they have the same genitals :p.

Personally I'm pretty aware of little differences and something small will turn me on or off.

Loved my GP100 and was sure I wanted a SP101? I think (morning fog). When I held one I hated it.

Oh, and I love that g17 I just got already. Feels and points perfect for me. I'll have to wait a week to shoot it though:(

My point is this. Most handguns are capable of better accuracy than the shooter is capable of delivering. Also most modern handguns, with the exception of a few notorious exceptions are reliable enough to be depended on. From there, the differences come down to individual preferences, grip angle, capacity, caliber, action type etc.

Hummm, opinion from an educated and informed citizen, competition shooter, who still believes the Glock is good...Butttttttt...

"...I have absolutely no use for any of the new Gen 4 Glocks, and think Glock has taken a step backward with this latest version.

The Glock is not a perfect handgun, but as far as I am concerned everything that was wrong with the Gen 3 Glocks has gone unchanged in the Gen 4s. What was wrong with the Gen 3s? Well, first and foremost, while the white dot front and white outline rear sights provide a good sight picture, the fact that the factory Glock sights are still made out of plastic still flabbergasts me (I don't get to use that word a lot, but it fits here). If there is one part of a carry gun that gets banged around the most it is the rear sight, and if you drop a Glock on its plastic factory sights, they will break or deform. I have seen plastic Glock sights worn down through holster friction by shooters just practicing drawing their pistol from the holster.

Another complaint I have with the Gen 3s is the trigger pull. Glock advertises a 5.5-lb pull, but…..no. Standard models do have 5.5-lb connectors in them, that is true, but those 5.5-lb connectors usually yield 6-8-lb pulls. I've observed that trigger pulls over six pounds or so start to degrade speed and accuracy when using a pistol, no matter your skill level. The "Practical/Tactical" Glock Models 34 and 35 have 3.5-lb connectors, which results in a much more reasonable 4-6-lb pull, depending on the gun.

Well, they put in a double recoil spring system to tame the recoil of the .40 S&W (and possibly correct reliability issues Glock .40s sometimes have when equipped with weapon lights)….the only problem is they put this spring system into their 9mm models as well, which was a big mistake.

The single recoil spring on 9mm Gen 3 Glock 17/34 was an already hefty 17 pounds, designed to last the life of the gun and then some. Many competition shooters, myself included, replace the factory spring with a reduced power 13-pounder, and after 25,000 rounds I have yet to observe any wear on the gun from the lighter spring. The "new and improved" Gen 4 dual recoil spring was so heavy that many users were experiencing jams. These malfunctions were so commonplace that just barely two years after the introduction of the Gen 4, Glock began offering replacement recoil spring assemblies (RSAs) for all Gen 4 owners. That moves this subject officially from the "gun writer opinion" to the "documented fact" column.

I find it interesting that Glock has not specified what was wrong with the original design of their recalled RSAs. Have you ever heard of a car manufacturer announcing a recall due to a specific part, but not saying what the problem is?

Glock Gen 4 models have replaceable backstrap assemblies, but with only 4mm of difference between the smallest and the largest they don't make as much of a difference in the grip size as you'll see with a S&W M&P. Don't get me wrong, it's not all bad. The Gen 4 has a nice aggressive grip texture, and a larger magazine release button—but Glock has done away with the extended magazine releases on the Models 34 and 35. The extended magazine release on the Gen 3 Glock 34/35 really made a big difference, so this is a decision I just don't understand—you get rid of one of the few features that improve and differentiate your competition pistols from your standard design? Why? Did they even talk to their competition shooting team about this? I challenge Glock to give me a good reason for this.
Gen 4 Glocks--A Step Backward? - Handguns

sounds like i was right not to seek out, hold, nor buy the POS foreign made firearm!!

Glocks are made in the USA now. Smyrna, Georgia. You keep calling them POS guns, but admit to never even touching one. That's gone beyond being uneducated to purposefully being defamatory and ignorant. But you do you.

My ignore list just gained another notch. :rolleyes:

I'm confused by the huge Glock following. Yeah, they're solid firearms that'll take a beating and they're just a bit less ugly than HiPoint firearms but I just don't get the attraction. Yes, I've owned three Glocks - G21, G22, G23.

Every new model or generation they put out looks almost exactly as the previous model with maybe a couple improvements. Does that garner a huge following, what am I missing???
Simple. Glock is a point and shoot interface. Nothing complicated. Aim. Squeeze the trigger. Boom. No bells. No whistles. They just work as intended. Run over one with your car. Still works. Freeze it in a block of ice. Thaw it out. Still works. Cover it in mud. Still works.

I have put countless thousands of rounds through Glocks. I trust them. Why would they reinvent something that works? It's a proven platform.

Glocks are made in the USA now. Smyrna, Georgia. You keep calling them POS guns, but admit to never even touching one. That's gone beyond being uneducated to purposefully being defamatory and ignorant. But you do you.

My ignore list just gained another notch. :rolleyes:

Alas, but you shan't see my rely about all those other folks who profess the same sentiment(s).

Let's see Ga POS are made using Austrian metals, plastics using Austrian assembly machines using stepped up european frequency power, sorry mkwerx, that makes a rose by any name is still a POS.
where are glocks made - Bing video

So you are a fan of the yugo or the tarbant? Ever seen one, driven one, sat in one? Most commentary today says they were POS! Does that make you beyond uneducated? Think not!

Oh wait, you can't see this because you felt the need to censure my opinions from your further consideration and here i thought about sharing the winning mega jackpot numbers!

Last Edited:
Glocks are made in the USA now.
If I.O and CAI American made AKs are anything to go off of... Made in USA does not automatically mean good quality.

That aside, Glocks are just pistols that go bang. Nothing special. Nothing bad. Just there I guess? Having options that a person can trust is always a nice thing.

If I.O and CAI American made AKs are anything to go off of... Made in USA does not automatically mean good quality.

That aside, Glocks are just pistols that go bang. Nothing special. Nothing bad. Just there I guess? Having options that a person can trust is always a nice thing.

Was more pointing out that they are not "foriegn made pos" - they're made here now. So is the S&W Sigma, aka S&W's original Glock 19. Aside from the horrendous 15lb triggers, they ran. They would swap uppers with G19s. Its why Glock sued and won.

The current generation Sigma, AKA the SD9VE & SD40VE are better, and are good guns in their own right. Very ergonomically friendly, 16+1 in a G19 size gun using stainless mags, and a decent 7lb trigger. For a gun that costs just a bit more than a Hi Point, thats damn nice.

Was more pointing out that they are not "foriegn made pos" - they're made here now. So is the S&W Sigma, aka S&W's original Glock 19. Aside from the horrendous 15lb triggers, they ran. They would swap uppers with G19s. Its why Glock sued and won.

The current generation Sigma, AKA the SD9VE & SD40VE are better, and are good guns in their own right. Very ergonomically friendly, 16+1 in a G19 size gun using stainless mags, and a decent 7lb trigger. For a gun that costs just a bit more than a Hi Point, thats damn nice.

I disagree with the SD9VE, The Warden bought one because she liked the ergonomics, controls, she loved that gun till we went to the range. She was more than a little disappointed with the trigger after a few more range trips with it and maybe 400+ rounds she got back in the car with me and said she hated this gun, could we take it back, I said we could trade it. She said lets go. She looked at G-17's and G-19's, Gen 3's and 4's She selected and bought a G-17. We have been to at least five handgun courses since she love's her G-17. I did get her a Springfield XD9 4" Mod 2 and she really likes the accuracy of that so we will take both for her to the next course.

Our SD9VE is long gone and good riddance.

I disagree with the SD9VE, The Warden bought one because she liked the ergonomics, controls, she loved that gun till we went to the range. She was more than a little disappointed with the trigger after a few more range trips with it and maybe 400+ rounds she got back in the car with me and said she hated this gun, could we take it back, I said we could trade it. She said lets go. She looked at G-17's and G-19's, Gen 3's and 4's She selected and bought a G-17. We have been to at least five handgun courses since she love's her G-17. I did get her a Springfield XD9 4" Mod 2 and she really likes the accuracy of that so we will take both for her to the next course.

Our SD9VE is long gone and good riddance.

If it's all one can afford, I would say its just OK. I had one, for a range trip. Then it was rehomed. :D

Oh the SD9VE always went bang and all that, it is a good defense gun, but the Warden is actually a little bit competitive and she wants the whole magazine in the center ring of a saucer, not a whole pie plate.

Oh the SD9VE always went bang and all that, it is a good defense gun, but the Warden is actually a little bit competitive and she wants the whole magazine in the center ring of a saucer, not a whole pie plate.

If it was the only thing I had to protect myself and my family, I would take it. Luckily it's not. :cool:

I didnt say the Sd9 had a great trigger, just a decent one compared to the original Sigma. We had one too for a while. Was my wifes gun. It had one out of battery detonation, wife said nope, and she got a shield. Its an inherant design trait tho, as Glocks can fire slightly out of battery too. For a gun that can be had under $300 new on sale, it leads the pack in quality and value. Its far better than a Hi Point or Taurus if funds are limited but you need a gun. Apex even makes triggers for them now, and the sights are compatable with M&P sights. Waiting to see a "baller on a budget" SD9VE Roland Special build :D

For someone who wants to consistently cut tge 9 ring out, a Glock or M&P with decent trigger, or a 1911, or a slicked up CZ would be the ticket. Or trot out the classiest lady at the ball and unlimber a Hi Power. :cool:

I didnt say the Sd9 had a great trigger, just a decent one compared to the original Sigma. We had one too for a while. Was my wifes gun. It had one out of battery detonation, wife said nope, and she got a shield. Its an inherant design trait tho, as Glocks can fire slightly out of battery too. For a gun that can be had under $300 new on sale, it leads the pack in quality and value. Its far better than a Hi Point or Taurus if funds are limited but you need a gun. Apex even makes triggers for them now, and the sights are compatable with M&P sights. Waiting to see a "baller on a budget" SD9VE Roland Special build :D

For someone who wants to consistently cut tge 9 ring out, a Glock or M&P with decent trigger, or a 1911, or a slicked up CZ would be the ticket. Or trot out the classiest lady at the ball and unlimber a Hi Power. :cool:

Yeahbut, Glocks are a POS, remember? :rolleyes::D

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads