JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dang I missed all the fun. It's quite entertaining to see someone slip off the meds and start in with the hamster fisted keyboard pounding

If you buy a particular carry gun because it's pretty, you need to rethink why you need a carry gun. Just sayin'.

For some people the commitment to carry a firearm every day is too much. For most people, getting a gun they like the aesthetic of will significantly increase their chance of carrying it every day.

As for the thread, I've tried just about every pistol out there and I always go back to Glock. Why? Couldn't really tell you, other than the reliability. I've put tens of thousands of rounds through Glocks, and the only time I ever had a failure was a bad magazine in an issued Glock 22. M&Ps I've had terrible experiences with, same with Sig Sauer P226s, and Beretta M9s...

Yeah, I have my complaints about the Glock. I don't like the finger grooves, I don't like the texture, I don't like the lack of forward slide serrations, and the finish could look nicer. But they're reliable, they eat any and all ammo, and there's just a confidence I have when carrying a Glock versus any other handgun.

So instead of dropping another $1,200-1,500 on a "high end handgun" I bought a Gen 4 Glock 19 for $450, dropped $800 on slide work, grip work and cerakote, and $600 on aftermarket parts. Why? Because I like 'em. And I wanted to make it "mine." Was it necessary? No. But it's what I like.

For some people the commitment to carry a firearm every day is too much. For most people, getting a gun they like the aesthetic of will significantly increase their chance of carrying it every day.

As for the thread, I've tried just about every pistol out there and I always go back to Glock. Why? Couldn't really tell you, other than the reliability. I've put tens of thousands of rounds through Glocks, and the only time I ever had a failure was a bad magazine in an issued Glock 22. M&Ps I've had terrible experiences with, same with Sig Sauer P226s, and Beretta M9s...

Yeah, I have my complaints about the Glock. I don't like the finger grooves, I don't like the texture, I don't like the lack of forward slide serrations, and the finish could look nicer. But they're reliable, they eat any and all ammo, and there's just a confidence I have when carrying a Glock versus any other handgun.

So instead of dropping another $1,200-1,500 on a "high end handgun" I bought a Gen 4 Glock 19 for $450, dropped $800 on slide work, grip work and cerakote, and $600 on aftermarket parts. Why? Because I like 'em. And I wanted to make it "mine." Was it necessary? No. But it's what I like.

Pics or it didn't happen:p

A buddy of mine held a Gen 4 and liked it enough he's considering getting a Glock.

I might try a Glock again for 10mm, since I can get a decent grip on the Gen 4s compared to the Gen 3. Mostly because I don't want to commit sacrilege to the 1911 and have one in anything other than .45 ACP. <|:•)

Edit: This friend is a former Glock hater.

I have carried a Glock 22 (Gen 3 or Gen 4) for all of my career (coming up on 19 years). Glocks have made excellent duty firearms for my department. In recent years we have had far more new people who have never fired firearms start with us and the Glocks work great for them. Like has been said before just point and shoot. We have recently begun converting to Gen 5 17s, and have seen our qualification scores go up dramatically.

We shoot six times a year and put thousands of rounds through our Glocks over the span of their use. We have had zero issues with them. The nice thing about Glocks are the ease of maintenance and cleaning. Anyone can keep a Glock clean.

My Gen 3 saved my life and my partners life in my shooting. It is the only gun I own which I can say that about. I bought it when we converted to Gen 4s. It now protects my family at home and me off duty.

Glocks may be ugly and polymer, but I trust my life with them.

Last Edited:
I have shot Glocks they are just too boxxy for my taste.
However.....
Over all the nice thing is there are billions of hours of use on these things, which means if there are
bugs to them it would have been found out. Id say Glock has to be the number one tested firearms.
I just don't care for their Starwars blaster box look or how they feel. I prefer Sigs Full sized to them any day
all day. But I see the appeal. I also am a big fan of the S&W Shield but do not like the M&P full size think id go Glock before
I did that. I wonder what Glocks if that ballot measure make it will be legal ones?

Ya'll had this conversation in '14 Glock 19 head to head with an SD9VE

It is still humorous reading the POS is good 'IF' you tweak this, replaced that, or, or, or, BUT it is still a economic firearm!"

Can't be an economic firearm for JQPublic if the have to find aftermark widgets, find someone to install, so the POS is tweaked to work like a firearm the customer feels it should.

Remember, initally Glock's marketing ploy gave away, free, gratis, their POS products to agencies, to studios, anybody who could or would promote to the public!

The agencies, etc., turned around and got rid of them in bulk to folks who 'assured' serviceability who then discounted the POSs to JQPublic.

From the start of this thread regarding worthiness of the POS firearm, my OPINION, borne out by unbiased testimony from cited outside commentary, by more than a few honorable forum members, and even the diehards are coming around with, well maybe they aren't, well grips suck, well!

Also from the get-go I stated they were cheep and there were BETTER alternatives available for JQPublic's SD, oh look, now the diehards are stating it is better than this make or that and comparing the POS to the other dregs of barely functional firearms.

You may have your belief in mythology but i am afraid after being insulted, real or perceived, yet watching you folks belabouring your emotionalized and unsubstantiated position without one member offering one authority cite stating the worthiness of the POS, (the bogus claim the POSs are made in GA so were magically all better was quite precious tho) i am afraid you have chased the subject around to the point you now have 'ghee'!

Therefore, this uneducated and uninformed individual thanks you but shall bid you and this thread adieu!
Dude, it seems to me your time would be better spent sipping some herbal tea in a Zen garden than spouting the same diatribe against/about something you've admitted to never even laying hands on, about ten times in one thread.. you're going to give yourself a heart attack, man.
"Come back with your 'Shield'- or on it" isn't about dying on Smith & Wesson's internet battlefield.
lol

Dude, it seems to me your time would be better spent sipping some herbal tea in a Zen garden than spouting the same diatribe against/about something you've admitted to never even laying hands on, about ten times in one thread.. you're going to give yourself a heart attack, man.
"Come back with your 'Shield'- or on it" isn't about dying on Smith & Wesson's internet battlefield.
lol

Hey I own a shield, err I mean before that Boat accident I did .;)

I wonder what Glocks if that ballot measure make it will be legal ones?

Currently it seems only the single stack Glocks which do not have the "ability" to accept a magazine over 10 rounds would be the only ones that are legal. A standard double-stack Glock, even if only limited to a California 10-round magazine, still would be a restricted item under IP 43 because it has the ability to accept higher capacity magazines.

I think this ridiculous situation is why the wording of IP 43 won't stand up to higher level scrutiny and why it will fail.

IMHO, I would easily trust a Glock. Austrians make good guns, how do I know? Steyr. :) My AUG and STG-58 are the best rifles I had so far! Not necessarily in accuracy, but ruggedness and dependability. Even the feel of them speaks quality, especially the FAL!

Hell, the AUG is polymer, yet in the years its been in service and produced that hasn't been a problem! So a pistol with polymer frame? No issue. I trust em, Austrians never let me down before with their guns.

I don't like Glocks.

Shot them and owned them since the very first Glock 17s got here.

However, they do exactly what they're supposed to do every single time. They're about the most reliable piece of machinery I've ever handled.

I don't like Glocks.

Shot them and owned them since the very first Glock 17s got here.

However, they do exactly what they're supposed to do every single time. They're about the most reliable piece of machinery I've ever handled.

Probably why they're still the preferred sidearm for most LEO organizations in the USA.

Personally I do like them, but partly it's because I'm a hobbyist. They have what seems to be the largest aftermarket that exists for a handgun.

Glock Perfection? No not really. If it were perfect, you wouldnt have everyone changing out parts in the slide and frame all the time. But perfect hobby platform? Absolutely, for me at least. ;)

I love how the general argument is that they are "ugly" or "blocky". Cause looks matter when it comes to tools. :rolleyes:

Currently it seems only the single stack Glocks which do not have the "ability" to accept a magazine over 10 rounds would be the only ones that are legal. A standard double-stack Glock, even if only limited to a California 10-round magazine, still would be a restricted item under IP 43 because it has the ability to accept higher capacity magazines.

I think this ridiculous situation is why the wording of IP 43 won't stand up to higher level scrutiny and why it will fail.

Every semi auto with a detachable mag essentially is banned. There are single stack mags bigger than 10 rounds. And one could in theory make a mag to fit a single stack mag well that flares out and becomes a double stack. Look at the Surefure 60 rnd mags for ARs...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top