JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Was more pointing out that they are not "foriegn made pos" - they're made here now. So is the S&W Sigma, aka S&W's original Glock 19. Aside from the horrendous 15lb triggers, they ran. They would swap uppers with G19s. Its why Glock sued and won.

The current generation Sigma, AKA the SD9VE & SD40VE are better, and are good guns in their own right. Very ergonomically friendly, 16+1 in a G19 size gun using stainless mags, and a decent 7lb trigger. For a gun that costs just a bit more than a Hi Point, thats damn nice.
Some are, some aren't. My Glock 21 was made in Austria. Whereas Glock 42s are made here.

Not that it matters either way, as the Austrians generally make good guns.

I didnt say the Sd9 had a great trigger, just a decent one compared to the original Sigma. We had one too for a while. Was my wifes gun. It had one out of battery detonation, wife said nope, and she got a shield. Its an inherant design trait tho, as Glocks can fire slightly out of battery too. For a gun that can be had under $300 new on sale, it leads the pack in quality and value. Its far better than a Hi Point or Taurus if funds are limited but you need a gun. Apex even makes triggers for them now, and the sights are compatable with M&P sights. Waiting to see a "baller on a budget" SD9VE Roland Special build :D

For someone who wants to consistently cut tge 9 ring out, a Glock or M&P with decent trigger, or a 1911, or a slicked up CZ would be the ticket. Or trot out the classiest lady at the ball and unlimber a Hi Power. :cool:

Ya'll had this conversation in '14 Glock 19 head to head with an SD9VE

It is still humorous reading the POS is good 'IF' you tweak this, replaced that, or, or, or, BUT it is still a economic firearm!"

Can't be an economic firearm for JQPublic if the have to find aftermark widgets, find someone to install, so the POS is tweaked to work like a firearm the customer feels it should.

Remember, initally Glock's marketing ploy gave away, free, gratis, their POS products to agencies, to studios, anybody who could or would promote to the public!

The agencies, etc., turned around and got rid of them in bulk to folks who 'assured' serviceability who then discounted the POSs to JQPublic.

From the start of this thread regarding worthiness of the POS firearm, my OPINION, borne out by unbiased testimony from cited outside commentary, by more than a few honorable forum members, and even the diehards are coming around with, well maybe they aren't, well grips suck, well!

Also from the get-go I stated they were cheep and there were BETTER alternatives available for JQPublic's SD, oh look, now the diehards are stating it is better than this make or that and comparing the POS to the other dregs of barely functional firearms.

You may have your belief in mythology but i am afraid after being insulted, real or perceived, yet watching you folks belabouring your emotionalized and unsubstantiated position without one member offering one authority cite stating the worthiness of the POS, (the bogus claim the POSs are made in GA so were magically all better was quite precious tho) i am afraid you have chased the subject around to the point you now have 'ghee'!

Therefore, this uneducated and uninformed individual thanks you but shall bid you and this thread adieu!

Some things you can call a POS without handling, most American made AKs fall in that category. Glocks don't, while I consider em ugly you can at least trust them, so they don't fall into that category.

The fact that aftermarket upgrades are available to fix the issues and their relatively low costs is why I would consider Glock to be an economic option. Course, I still prefer other "economic" pistols (RIA 1911s come to mind), but to each their own.

Crap, after reading all these responses I'm almost ready to go out and buy one of those ugly, plastic POS's that always go bang even if you drive a truck over them....plus Bear Creek Armory sells replacement barrels for a decent price if I go with a trade in from Aim Surplus....Especially with all the issues I had with my 1911 yesterday! (It was extremely hard to admit this to this crowd)

Even IF I do get one, they still are ugly with no aesthetics.

I think I would compare a stock glock to a bare bones AR-15.

Both work just fine.

Want a better trigger? Drop one in.

Want better sights. Buy new ones.

Want the internals to run faster. Polish them or add aftermarket parts.

I don't see people calling AR's a POS cuz you can make them better then the bare bones version.

Yea, you can buy an AUG or Tavor or whatnot for the same price as a pimped AR but that doesn't mean the AR is crap.

BTW- the grip on my g17 is fantastic for me! Without mods.

Do you buy a truck purely based on functionality? No, you buy because you like the way it looks. It's the same as firearms with me. I don't buy just because it's functional, I buy because I like the way it looks is well.

My CHEVY truck looks great. But I don't carry it around to defend myself.

I like good looking firearms too. But to use looks as a main criteria is just plain silly. Especially for concealed carry. Function should be the main consideration.

That said, there aren't that many good looking handguns unless you go with an older S&W or Colt revolver or a 1911.

Same principle....

Agreed on buying a firearm based solely on looks without regard to function. I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about buying a firearm based on both. If I don't like the looks of it I won't buy it, regardless of function. If I like the looks of it and it doesn't function I won't buy it.

It is still humorous reading the POS is good 'IF' you tweak this, replaced that, or, or, or, BUT it is still a economic firearm!"

Can't be an economic firearm for JQPublic if the have to find aftermark widgets, find someone to install, so the POS is tweaked to work like a firearm the customer feels it should.

Remember, initally Glock's marketing ploy gave away, free, gratis, their POS products to agencies, to studios, anybody who could or would promote to the public!

The agencies, etc., turned around and got rid of them in bulk to folks who 'assured' serviceability who then discounted the POSs to JQPublic.

From the start of this thread regarding worthiness of the POS firearm, my OPINION, borne out by unbiased testimony from cited outside commentary, by more than a few honorable forum members, and even the diehards are coming around with, well maybe they aren't, well grips suck, well!

Also from the get-go I stated they were cheep and there were BETTER alternatives available for JQPublic's SD, oh look, now the diehards are stating it is better than this make or that and comparing the POS to the other dregs of barely functional firearms.

You may have your belief in mythology but i am afraid after being insulted, real or perceived, yet watching you folks belabouring your emotionalized and unsubstantiated position without one member offering one authority cite stating the worthiness of the POS, (the bogus claim the POSs are made in GA so were magically all better was quite precious tho) i am afraid you have chased the subject around to the point you now have 'ghee'!

Therefore, this uneducated and uninformed individual thanks you but shall bid you and this thread adieu!

Thank you.

If you don't like (Glock Sig SA Taurus Kimber whatever) don't buy one.

I like Glocks. They're affordable and go bang. At this point in my life I don't need a pretty gun. If you do, more power to you.

P

:s0162: Don't let the door hit you where my dog shoulda bit you

My diagnosis: Extreem bias confirmation...
brought on by what I can only assume is a past trauma that the subject associates with the Glock brand...
Similar cases are rampant in the anti gun, and Ford Vs. Chevy campaigns. The blind ignorance these afflicted subjects display is permanent and incurable.

Recommendation:
:s0097:

Let's not panic just yet boys. I'd bet money it will fall flat on its face. It's a poorly written pile and leaves to much up in the air for lawyers. It won't make it very far. Not in its current state anyway.
I hope to God you are correct! These anti gun people have gone insane! Its not the guns killing tbese students in schools, its Student's doing the shooting. What should be banned is poor parenting and school bullying.
So many Americans have fought and died for our constitution, and now who is trying to take it away from us? We are loosing our freedoms from the inside out, its sickening.

What works, works.
Didn't like the 1911, but after several thousand free rounds, proper fondle, natural point of aim, welded wrist, sight alignment, sight picture, squeeze, OOORah!

Conceal carry
Taurus 709 purchased, discarded.
Glock 27 love at first squeeze in a Stealthgear holster. After 10 years still my bestest. Mods extended slide release, enlarged mag release, and of course
finest accuracy enhancer modification, the cover plate.
41OvW1VrcLL.jpg

Shot my gen 3 g17 today.

I love it!:cool:

250 rounds of 115g ball with some hollow points mixed in and not a single hiccup.

Am I going nutty over glocks? Not yet, but the one I have I'll trust my life too. It's sitting bedside with me now. I'm big enough I'm going to try daily carry with it when I get a good holster.

Shot my gen 3 g17 today.

I love it!:cool:

250 rounds of 115g ball with some hollow points mixed in and not a single hiccup.

Am I going nutty over glocks? Not yet, but the one I have I'll trust my life too. It's sitting bedside with me now. I'm big enough I'm going to try daily carry with it when I get a good holster.

As long as you can trust your life to it, that's what matters. Ignore the POS comments, they are biased and unwarranted. Especially from those that have never handled or shot one.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top