JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am thinking about stepping over to the dark side, and building a glock. I can get a third generation frame pretty cheap (50), and a glock 19 parts kit (300). The question is, do I have to build it on a 19 frame or can I use a 17 frame?

Tagged. My gut says you need a 17 parts kit for a 17 frame but I'm all in here for answers!

Planning to build it as originally intended, combat handgun. No frills. I have ultimate respect for ceratac AR15kits. Willing to try a glock from them. If I was going to plow money into a superaccurate build it would be another 1911.

I'm not sure why Glock has a different design for the locking blocks on 19s and 17s that keeps folks from mixing and matching. There's a new pistol (Glock 47, I think?) that won't be available to the public they say. It has a G17 profile with a G19 locking block design. Some department wanted that mishmash and got Glock to produce it.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top