JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am thinking about stepping over to the dark side, and building a glock. I can get a third generation frame pretty cheap (50), and a glock 19 parts kit (300). The question is, do I have to build it on a 19 frame or can I use a 17 frame?

Tagged. My gut says you need a 17 parts kit for a 17 frame but I'm all in here for answers!

Planning to build it as originally intended, combat handgun. No frills. I have ultimate respect for ceratac AR15kits. Willing to try a glock from them. If I was going to plow money into a superaccurate build it would be another 1911.

I'm not sure why Glock has a different design for the locking blocks on 19s and 17s that keeps folks from mixing and matching. There's a new pistol (Glock 47, I think?) that won't be available to the public they say. It has a G17 profile with a G19 locking block design. Some department wanted that mishmash and got Glock to produce it.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews