JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A 17 barrel does not work in a 19. A 19 barrel does work in a 26. A Gen 5 34 barrel will work in a 19 or 26.

23 barrels absolutely fit in a 27. 22 barrels don't.

You got your compatibility backwards

From top to bottom
Gen 5 34
Gen 3 17L
Gen 3 19
Gen 3 22C
Gen 4 33

KIMG0378_01_BURST1000378_COVER.JPG

You know how the a g17 barrel will work in a g19 but the same barrel wouldn't work in a g26 because of different locking block.

Is that the same thing for 40 cal? i.e. g22/g23 v. G27
A Gen 5 17 barrel will work in the G19 and likely the G26. The Gen 1 through 4 G17 barrels will not work in the G19.

My guess is the Gen 5 G22 barrel will work in the G23s.

A Gen 5 17 barrel will work in the G19 and likely the G26. The Gen 1 through 4 G17 barrels will not work in the G19.

My guess is the Gen 5 G22 barrel will work in the G23s.
I'm not sure that's right. Do you have a gen 5 17 barrel? I've never known the 17/22 specifically to be compatible with much., though the gen 5 34 definitely IS compatible with a 19/26 and my gen 3 22/35 are compatible with each other so it stands to reason it could be right. No firsthand experience with a gen 5 17 at all.

I believe the compatibility/modularity thing is largely why the 47 exists at all. I'd be curious to see pictures if you have them.

I'm not sure that's right. Do you have a gen 5 17 barrel? I've never known the 17/22 specifically to be compatible with much., though the gen 5 34 definitely IS compatible with a 19/26 and my gen 3 22/35 are compatible with each other so it stands to reason it could be right. No firsthand experience with a gen 5 17 at all.

I believe the compatibility/modularity thing is largely why the 47 exists at all. I'd be curious to see pictures if you have them.
Yes I bought a Gen 5 G17 barrel and ran it in my g23 and a dagger, it worked in both. The Gen 5 barrel lugs match up with the G19. I would guess the Gen 5 g22 barrels match up as well.

I may be wrong but I think 5th Gen went to the same locking on all the barrels for 9mm. I believe they all use the G19 locking block. But like @TTSX said, gen 1-4 is not like that.

As far as .40 goes I have no idea.

i believe any gen5 barrel will work in any gen 5 frame. my understanding is that they have switched to a universal locking block in gen 5's but i am usually wrong and havent done testing

I don't know about the locking lugs in particular but the Gen 5 barrels are internally different than the other generations with marksman rifling or some such thing like that also the frames and slides are beefed up some and I would guess the barrels having to work with those parts are different externally as well.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top