JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't buy it. Gun makers are releasing these new single stacks because the demand for CC is higher than it's ever been.

Agreed, the gunmakers go where the dollars are whatever the market demands, pure and simple. Case it point, look at the AR market, it is being driven by the civilian market to the likes the military and LE have never seen.

I was excited when I heard about the 43x, but I'm not thrilled about the color.
I don't want my concealed gun to be shiny...
I need a CC pistol that has more bite and capacity than my LCP2, and the 43 was on the radar, then the p365, but I wasn't really excited about either one... the 43 because of capacity, and the 365 because of issues... plus the price point was a little high....but Mossberg just released a pistol that I'm Very interest in checking out...
It will run off g43 mags, uses Sig sights, has a flat faced trigger, and from what I've seen it will be under $350.

Looks like ETS Mags being used. Hmmmm!

Had a chance to handle both the 43x and the 48 today. The 43x followed me home. Here is a shot of a 43, the 43x and my previous EDC a 26:

IMG_3680.jpg

I like it so far. Will be a bit until I can get to the range but the feel is excellent and lighter than my 26. Apparently Glock shipped the first run without the optional night sites and also only a few of each so expect it to be backordered quickly.

I was excited when I heard about the 43x, but I'm not thrilled about the color.
I don't want my concealed gun to be shiny...
I need a CC pistol that has more bite and capacity than my LCP2, and the 43 was on the radar, then the p365, but I wasn't really excited about either one... the 43 because of capacity, and the 365 because of issues... plus the price point was a little high....but Mossberg just released a pistol that I'm Very interest in checking out...
It will run off g43 mags, uses Sig sights, has a flat faced trigger, and from what I've seen it will be under $350.
I like the Mossberg too, but I don't care if the 43X is shiny, it will be CONCEALED.

Had a chance to handle both the 43x and the 48 today. The 43x followed me home. Here is a shot of a 43, the 43x and my previous EDC a 26:

View attachment 539129

I like it so far. Will be a bit until I can get to the range but the feel is excellent and lighter than my 26. Apparently Glock shipped the first run without the optional night sites and also only a few of each so expect it to be backordered quickly.
The 43X looks nicely unbobbed next to the other two.
Me want.

View attachment 539129

I thought the G43X and G48 were embargoed until January 21st?

In case you wondered the 48 slide will fit on the standard 43. And vise versa.

So if you buy a 48. And have a 43 already. You can have four gun configurations.
And there really is no need to but a 43x unless you like the finish or front slide serrations. :s0155:

1. Short slide, short grip. 6 rounds. G-43 configuration.
2. Long slide, long grip. 10 rounds. G-48 configuration.
3. Short slide, long grip. 10 rounds. This mimics the new 43x in dimensions but with a black slide finish. And no front slide serrations.
4. Long slide, short grip. 6 rounds. G-43 with a 4'' barrel and longer sight radius. Along with the more concealable short grip. :s0155:

Last Edited:
Okay but as I do not have a 43 at all, I think the best choice for me, that's for me.... is the 43X, I want short slide, long grip. All the better to shoot my private parts Appendix carry.

So! I picked up my 43x today. Fit and feel is great. Issue. Mag is out, I pulled slide back expecting it to slap back into battery. Slide sticks at rear. Slide lock lever is no part of it. A second or two goes by, slide goes forward. Every other two pull backs, slide sticks at rear. With mag in, slide locks back. ??????

So! I picked up my 43x today. Fit and feel is great. Issue. Mag is out, I pulled slide back expecting it to slap back into battery. Slide sticks at rear. Slide lock lever is no part of it. A second or two goes by, slide goes forward. Every other two pull backs, slide sticks at rear. With mag in, slide locks back. ??????

Mine isn't doing that at all. Maybe clean and remove factory grease? Or take it shooting and "break it in" although shouldn't be needed with a Glock.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top