JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So! I picked up my 43x today. Fit and feel is great. Issue. Mag is out, I pulled slide back expecting it to slap back into battery. Slide sticks at rear. Slide lock lever is no part of it. A second or two goes by, slide goes forward. Every other two pull backs, slide sticks at rear. With mag in, slide locks back. ??????

Sounds like you might be "following the slide home", pull it back and let it rip forward under the recoil spring's full force, if it does into full battery you have an issue. The slide should lock back on an empty mag, if not you have an issue.

Sounds like you might be "following the slide home", pull it back and let it rip forward under the recoil spring's full force, if not you have an issue. The slide should lock back on an empty mag, if not you have an issue.

It needs to be shot to find out if there is a real issue.

It needs to be shot to find out if there is a real issue.

I edit my comment slightly, it shouldn't need to be fired to go back into full battery, it should do that off the assembly line bone dry. I'm curious to see if the slide has been allowed to ease forward, I can make my slide stick by doing that with my Glocks and they'll well broken in.

I edit my comment slightly, it shouldn't need to be fired to go back into full battery, it should do that off the assembly line bone dry. I'm curious to see if the slide has been allowed to ease forward, I can make my slide stick by doing that with my Glocks and they'll well broken in.

Agreed. My comment was more meant that under actual conditions is it an issue? I can "make" several of my Glocks not go into full battery if I really try. Empty gun, no mag. But they shoot 100% reliable.

In case you wondered the 48 slide will fit on the standard 43. And vise versa.

So if you buy a 48. And have a 43 already. You can have four gun configurations.
And there really is no need to but a 43x unless you like the finish or front slide serrations. :s0155:

1. Short slide, short grip. 6 rounds. G-43 configuration.
2. Long slide, long grip. 10 rounds. G-48 configuration.
3. Short slide, long grip. 10 rounds. This mimics the new 43x in dimensions but with a black slide finish. And no front slide serrations.
4. Long slide, short grip. 6 rounds. G-43 with a 4'' barrel and longer sight radius. Along with the more concealable short grip. :s0155:

That's cool.

I wonder if those are black from the factory, or is Lenny just using a black G43 slide on the 43X? The black G48 is more expensive so maybe he does a cerakote job on them.

Can "new" model guns even be sold in California since they don't have microstamp technology?

Lenny knows how to make money.

G43 size but in 40sw. PLEASE!!!!
Found a new Shield 40 S&W at PSA for $229 and it's on the slow boat from China right now. (PSA has always been correct, but slow for me). Would I prefer it to be a 43X++ in 40, sure I would, and if I find a Taurus G2C in 40, I buy one of those too.

Found a new Shield 40 S&W at PSA for $229 and it's on the slow boat from China right now. (PSA has always been correct, but slow for me). Would I prefer it to be a 43X++ in 40, sure I would, and if I find a Taurus G2C in 40, I buy one of those too.

I had the first gen shield in 40. Was nice but grip was a little short without the extender and with that snap it just rode my pinky uncomfy. I like the dimensions of a shield and the new 43 I just wish they would remember the other calibers besides 9mm is all.

All these new Glocks [43,43X,48, and gen 5] lack the second pin supporting the locking block.
They added this to bolster the guns in calibers more powerful than 9mm.

So I don't see a 40 or 357 sig as a possibility in any of these new Glocks.
And I would very much like a G-48 in 357 sig.

I don't hate 9mm I just wish they wouldn't forget about things beyond it that are known (40/45 etc)

My current plan is to go for a 3.6" M&P 2.0 in 40 but again seems like most LGS only carry the proven wonder 9's.

There is not much different from the G43 to the G43X of course the extended mag and longer grip. It is a Glock and I do like my 43, just not sure I'd sell it for the G43X until I hear some more reviews.

I don't hate 9mm I just wish they wouldn't forget about things beyond it that are known (40/45 etc)

My current plan is to go for a 3.6" M&P 2.0 in 40 but again seems like most LGS only carry the proven wonder 9's.
PSA is supposed to notify me when they are back in stock, they were on sale but I missed it.

JustinLee where is your sense of adventure? You don't have to trade, just get a second carry gun.

Picked up my 48 today and promptly hit he range. Ran close to 100rds stock and then switched out
the slide lock to an extended one (Ghost) and the connector (also Ghost). 150rds total today with no issues, either stock or modified... Plan to run at least 50rds more this weekend.

As everyone already knows, stock Glock sights blow and they will be replaced ASAP.
Also need to find more mags. Having only 2 is no fun at all. :rolleyes:
Being an M&P guy, I would LOVE for a Shield version of the 48. Until that happens (if ever), then my shield may very well end up in the back of the safe. Assuming the 48 stays trouble free that is. ;)

Picked up my 48 today and promptly hit he range. Ran close to 100rds stock and then switched out
the slide lock to an extended one (Ghost) and the connector (also Ghost). 150rds total today with no issues, either stock or modified... Plan to run at least 50rds more this weekend.

As everyone already knows, stock Glock sights blow and they will be replaced ASAP.
Also need to find more mags. Having only 2 is no fun at all. :rolleyes:
Being an M&P guy, I would LOVE for a Shield version of the 48. Until that happens (if ever), then my shield may very well end up in the back of the safe. Assuming the 48 stays trouble free that is. ;)

Nice.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top