JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They should have put some sort of proprietary rail on the 48. Then I could Slap a +5 15 round magazine, light and suppresor on it for a slim wife friendly HD gun.

The G48 is the more palatable of the two. It is finally the "single stack" Glock 19 sized gun people have been clamoring for since 1990ish. Sadly, the fatness is not drastically different from the Glock 19 - not enough to say I'd rather have the G48 over the G19 - unless I was living in a state that banned full capacity mags. Then the G48 makes a load more sense.

I do like the two tone guns - something I wish Glock had been doing all along. Black frame, stainless slide, black barrel is my fav color combo on a gun.

What would be really sweet though is the Glock 46 - the not available in the US, made for the German police revamp of the Glock 19 with a rotating barrel and factory extended beavertail.

The G48 is the more palatable of the two. It is finally the "single stack" Glock 19 sized gun people have been clamoring for since 1990ish. Sadly, the fatness is not drastically different from the Glock 19 - not enough to say I'd rather have the G48 over the G19 - unless I was living in a state that banned full capacity mags. Then the G48 makes a load more sense.

If they had made the g43 and 43x mags compatible.... It would have been funny to grip chop a 48 into a 43L.

what I got from local gun store is that they will be shipping after the show, 19th or 20th.
And I have a p365 (12 shot) with laser, and plenty of glocks.
P365 is sweet

I'm digging the 48 concept. I liked Kahr's larger pistols for their form factor, and the new little Glock kinda mirrors it without the Kahr drawbacks. Thickness is, more than anything, what makes the larger pistols cumbersome for me. Might have to add one to my list

I was excited when I heard about the 43x, but I'm not thrilled about the color.
I don't want my concealed gun to be shiny...
I need a CC pistol that has more bite and capacity than my LCP2, and the 43 was on the radar, then the p365, but I wasn't really excited about either one... the 43 because of capacity, and the 365 because of issues... plus the price point was a little high....but Mossberg just released a pistol that I'm Very interest in checking out...
It will run off g43 mags, uses Sig sights, has a flat faced trigger, and from what I've seen it will be under $350.

I still don't quite understand why they wouldn't use the extra width to create a staggered magazine. Maybe they could have made a 12-round mag in the same footprint.

With Magguts I'm able to make my Shield 8rd mags into 9-round mags in a proven platform.

what if all these new single stacks are the gun makers and markets readying to cater to outlandish magazine restriction laws across the US and slowly gain interest so the consumer won't feel as badly if they lose double stack capabilities!!

GUYS!!!

what if all these new single stacks are the gun makers and markets readying to cater to outlandish magazine restriction laws across the US and slowly gain interest so the consumer won't feel as badly if they lose double stack capabilities!!

GUYS!!!

I don't buy it. Gun makers are releasing these new single stacks because the demand for CC is higher than it's ever been.

With CC, its the handle length that is important, not the slide length. Width is also a factor if you carry IWB or Pocket carry. Slide length is the least important factor. If they did a G22 slide on a G27 handle, it would be the best of both worlds. The G30s is a bit too thick, but the concept was a good one. The longer and lighter G36 slide on the G30 SF frame. I prefer the grip profile of a 1911, but the G27 is doable. The 43 is just a bit too small.

Rodney

With CC, its the handle length that is important, not the slide length. Width is also a factor if you carry IWB or Pocket carry. Slide length is the least important factor. If they did a G22 slide on a G27 handle, it would be the best of both worlds. The G30s is a bit too thick, but the concept was a good one. The longer and lighter G36 slide on the G30 SF frame. I prefer the grip profile of a 1911, but the G27 is doable. The 43 is just a bit too small.

Rodney

Wrong. Depends on the way a person carries. I personally carry appendix style, so the slide length means MORE to me than the grip size. Reason? If the slide is too long and I sit down, the muzzle pokes a very sensitive area.

Not everyone carries the same way.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top