JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've had this lovely G19 for several years now and it's had a host of internal parts.

The black slide was boring me so I sprayed it with Norrell's Moly Resin in OD a while back.

That was good for a month or so but I've been wanting to removed the hump from the rear of the grip to help it point more like my Kimber. After all the prep work, I filled the back strap channel, ground away until I liked the shape and angle, then stippled it to my liking.

I'm considering doing some half circles on the bottom of the mag well to facilitate rapid removal of the mag should it get stuck during a reload, malfunction or what have you.

So far, I'm pretty happy with her and I'm taking a two day class this weekend at ARPC where she'll get tested out. Should be fun! :s0155:

Class info: http://www.libertytraininggroup.com/basic_pistol__pistol_operator_level_1

Let me know what you think, please. Oh, and I know some of you might not like it because of "resale" value but it's a G19, there's a ton of them out there and this one is NEVER leaving my side.

Mike

Way before:

After OD Moly Resin:

IMG_0098.jpg

After:

IMG_0562.jpg
IMG_0564.jpg
IMG_0566.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the compliments, guys! I must say that the stippling really keeps the gun in my hands, especially when moist or sweaty like this weekend during firing drills.

I will admit that the sides are a bit aggressive and will be sanded down slightly so my clothes and skin do not get ripped to shreds!

Next on the chopping block, well, stippling block, are my two Cavalry Arms lowers...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top