JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
lol. Whatever floats your boat.
1711034396605.png

Back to regular programming and original question. It appears to me the only part of the slide that would not be serviceable with barrel installed would be the front sight?

1000002871.jpg

To answer the original question
Your front sight screw will be permanently blocked by the barrel and due to the extra weight added onto your barrel you may have problems with the slide going back into battery similar to a can being installed without a Neilson device it will fire but may jam, other than that everything else is accessible with the barrel installed

Your front sight screw will be permanently blocked by the barrel and due to the extra weight added onto your barrel you may have problems with the slide going back into battery similar to a can being installed without a Neilson device it will fire but may jam, other than that everything else is accessible with the barrel installed
Simply change it to 9.2mm podbyrin.

Problem solved.

SrhqyWwZ_400x400.jpg

Function seems to be OK, not sure what type of ammo he was using.

View: https://youtu.be/5P9b3ZPB8Ao?feature=shared

I can get the barrel with this copper pipe combo out of the slide because I am running it in a Glock 21 slide.

This set up needs a smaller frame Glock to work.

View attachment 1847680

Reason for rifle length barrel is to make it acceptable for use at rifle only range area.

I have a dream. One day, the how will be more important than the why.
Does your local range not allow SBRs on the "rifle only" range? I would have thought the only requirement there would be a stock, not barrel length.

So you have a pistol (G17)
You have a carbine kit with a brace (still a pistol)

G17 + Carbine kit with brace = pistol

Why not buy a standard threaded barrel and thread on a super duper long flash suppressor/pipe/fake suppressor or whatever which would get you to your desired 16" length? Once you're done shooting unthread it allowing you to remove the barrel from the slide. Nothing permanent. Until you put a REAL stock on it than it's just a pistol with a long barrel…..

I may be stupid. And overthinking this. There also may be some convoluted stupid NFA regulation that I'm unaware of. If so I apologize. But if you can legally shoot a G17 with a 16" barrel like the one in your video I don't see a reason why you couldn't just thread an extension onto an existing threaded barrel on your braced contraption that the pistol sits in. Is it any different that a comp or flash hider? Just longer. Until that brace turns into a stock it's a pistol.

Cause that whole brace legislation nonsense got kicked to the curb as far as I am aware. Unless it's an overall length issue.

Gosh….. look at me getting sucked into this. Why are we making this so difficult?

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR