JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Sportsman's is the one company who has tried to spread the word
to vote NO on 114. They have big signs in their stores telling customers how bad
the bill actually is and they recently sent out email to past customers who have
the rewards card I can share this email if you are interested or you can go
to Sportsman and read the message on the large billboards they have outside
and inside the store.

However, I am afraid that they and WE have not done enough. I was in Fisherman's
this past weekend and I asked people who were shopping for firearms how they
were voting on 114. HALF didn't even know what bill 114 does! They weren't
sure that they would even bother voting.

With this attitude and response from gun owners, 114 will pass.
HOWEVER, we can still stop it IF YOU WILL STEP UP like Sportsman's.
We have to get the message out. Call friends and family and tell them
how bad a bill this really is AND ask them to PLEASE VOTE and to
PLEASE VOTE NO.

Spread the WORD. BE a PAUL REVERE!

TJ

I was in Fisherman's

TJ
THIS!!! A LOT of gun owners get over the top, foot stomping mad when I say this but, here it is. A LOT of gun owners vote for this mess. This is how they do it. By choosing to remain ignorant of what is going on and or just saying they are not going to bother. The problem is not us being outnumbered, the problem is so many of us support this crap by just doing nothing and not caring. :mad:

THIS!!! A LOT of gun owners get over the top, foot stomping mad when I say this but, here it is. A LOT of gun owners vote for this mess. This is how they do it. By choosing to remain ignorant of what is going on and or just saying they are not going to bother. The problem is not us being outnumbered, the problem is so many of us support this crap by just doing nothing and not caring. :mad:
I think a lot of gun owners feel like the 2A is all we needed and no work should be required to defend it. That is a miscalculation imho.

I'm trying to do my part if this bill passes or more than likely when it passes I'm not sure how much longer I will stay in Oregon. I liked it here before it went to hell.. I feel like ever since the " Pandemic " this place has gone down hill fast the lawlessness in Portland is Astounding. Not having a right to defend yourself then stripping police of the right to protect. They are just creating a perfect storm of chaos just waiting to be unleased once all these bills actually go into effect. I find it interesting how many Tina ads I have seen almost like they are trying to shove her down voters throats. Anything but Tina PLEASE

Not having a right to defend yourself then stripping police of the right to protect. They are just creating a perfect storm of chaos just waiting to be unleased once all these bills actually go into effect. I find it interesting how many Tina ads I have seen almost like they are trying to shove her down voters throats. Anything but Tina PLEASE
Ah, but the state says you do have the right to defend yourself, hypothetically. The way they say you can and not necessarily, your choice, unless you are an exempted official.

You don't need more than 10 bullets. You don't need guaranteed police protection. They prefer you not fight back, but it's your choice.

Sportsman's is the one company who has tried to spread the word
to vote NO on 114. They have big signs in their stores telling customers how bad
the bill actually is and they recently sent out email to past customers who have
the rewards card I can share this email if you are interested or you can go
to Sportsman and read the message on the large billboards they have outside
and inside the store.

However, I am afraid that they and WE have not done enough. I was in Fisherman's

With this attitude and response from gun owners, 114 will pass.
HOWEVER, we can still stop it IF YOU WILL STEP UP like Sportsman's.
We have to get the message out. Call friends and family and tell them
how bad a bill this really is AND ask them to PLEASE VOTE and to
PLEASE VOTE NO.

Spread the WORD. BE a PAUL REVERE!

TJ
Fisherman's and Cabela's have large parking lots with outdoor sports people parking there. They are prime candidates for a friendly reception.

Take some flyers or the mini-flyers there. (I have PDF of the full size flyer, PiratePast40 has PDF of the mini-flyers). Put them on windshields. When you see people emerging from a car or going to a car (and not occupied with a screaming baby or arms full) politely at a respectful distance ask, "Excuse me (sir or maam), are you registered to vote in Oregon?" Most reply politely yes. "Have you heard about measure 114?" That gets you into a conversation. If they are not familiar, have a one/two sentence explanation ready on your lips. Practice that one ahead of time. If they are familiar and opposed, ask if they would put a few flyers on windshields near their home and/or hand a few out to their friends.

It works for me.

Many here keep a bunch of flyers in their cars and park a few on windshields whereever they go. Mall? Grocery store? Do 10-20 cars around you.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top