JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't let it get you down guys. It's just the stuff that normally happens when an empire collapses. Humanity needs to stir the pot every so often, so we don't get too complacent. Heinlein wrote a book about the "Crazy Years", that's where we are now.

So my wife says I'm pretty grumpy lately...:oops:

It's not even an issue of "who" was killed lately for me, it's sad either way.:( (Though I still feel like special interest groups are using this to their advantage and making gun owners out to be the problem, instead of owning up to not taking their safety into their own hands).

I feel like everywhere I turn now like the AM News, this site, YouTube and more all are revolving around this latest shooting like its the only thing in the world going on and someone new is "pushing for a gun ban" every other min.:mad:

I like to share my toys but the idea of not being able to buy a kind of gun that I can not currently afford has my undies in a bunch:confused:.

I have no idea what I intended for this thread, I just felt the need to vent about all the BS that is happening right now.

Maybe it's because I was too young to care the last time a serious gun restriction was proposed so this is my first time 'having a dog in the fight' or maybe not.

The political options are not looking good either...:eek:. (If Trump continues on this no Fly no Buy craziness then I may be voting for a 3rd party - I've let a lot of his opinions go because of his gun stance but I certainly won't cast a vote for Hillitler either).

Respond, don't respond, call me a ninny if it fits but man I may have to take a break from all forms of communication until after the elections are over if it continues like this:oops:.

Hey bud,

You aren't alone. This happens to me. When it does, I generally take a step back and focus locally. I focus on MY life for a little. MY family. My things. That's ok. Do you for a while man. It's all going to even out one day.

You all can go buy another gun if it will make ya'll feel better. I am going to do that tomorrow and see if it brings me out of the funk.

I bought 2 new long guns yesterday.

My first since scouts (20 some odd years ago).

One is a 22 I had been considering buying new for a while, then someone on here had one for sale. I lucked out & was able to get it at a steep discount (as compared to new), along with 2 bricks. VERY VERY PLEASED!

The other...well...it's one of those "scary black rifles" that folks on the tv & in the government say civilians shouldn't have.

I had also been considering buying one of those for a long while (couple years).

Why yesterday? I had time to do some more pricing.

The few local shops I talked with either weren't sure when they could get one in, or if they could, it was priced higher than I would have liked by $100-150+.

One shop mentioned that the market on low/mid priced AR's is in fact getting a bit "crazy".

I didn't want to risk waiting a few months and have to pay even more, for something I was going to buy anyways. I'll put that savings towards classes & or modifications.

Unplug @Joe13...

Take a media holiday. It's important. I do it quite often.

That's the plan asap.

Have been stuck on the couch for a few days with not a lot to entertain me.

Lookin forward to seeing some friends I've not connected with up north a few hours away and maybe getting out to the range Monday with Father's Day in the middle, so it should be a mostly electronic free 3 days.

Just took a load of .38 brass out of the tumbler, rinsed & drying to be loaded later! Thats my entertainment! Sure do like this liquid tumbling system I went to - makes case cleaning fun instead of a chore.

images.jpeg
Here ya go Joe.
Andy

The sad thing is that when they do come for the guns it wont be the bubblegummers that wrote the laws trying to enforce them. It will be some poor guy or gal just trying to feed their family.

I bought 2 new long guns yesterday.

My first since scouts (20 some odd years ago).

One is a 22 I had been considering buying new for a while, then someone on here had one for sale. I lucked out & was able to get it at a steep discount (as compared to new), along with 2 bricks. VERY VERY PLEASED!

The other...well...it's one of those "scary black rifles" that folks on the tv & in the government say civilians shouldn't have.

I had also been considering buying one of those for a long while (couple years).

Why yesterday? I had time to do some more pricing.

The few local shops I talked with either weren't sure when they could get one in, or if they could, it was priced higher than I would have liked by $100-150+.

One shop mentioned that the market on low/mid priced AR's is in fact getting a bit "crazy".

I didn't want to risk waiting a few months and have to pay even more, for something I was going to buy anyways. I'll put that savings towards classes & or modifications.
Good for you bro, Might as well pull the trigger now,Just in Case! Glad it worked out for ya,and now you get to go and have some fun shootin yer new toys!

Music to my ears, er eyes. Kinda hard to ban things that are popular.

Americans are different. Whatever the rulers disapprove of, the people immediately go out and do.:)

Room in your boat for another, Joe? My wife now makes it very clear that she's going to be watching the news and I am not to stay in the room. She doesn't understand how I can be so derogatorily hateful. I told her it has something to do with the friends I lost in the military and all the sacrifices Americans have made to keep the Bill of Rights just as they are. And there are so many political issues involved I'm sure to get some time off here if I bring them up.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top