JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't blame the officers but whoever planned this and the laws that allow no-knock warrants in situations like this are horsecrap. This should have been served by uniformed officers in daylight hours. If the target(s) for the raid were out, all the better, scoop them up at the same time outside the home.
Exactly. We could round up a criminals a lot more efficiently if it weren't for that pesky Bill of Rights. Really you just need to repeal about any one of them and wait for nature to take its course. Peace in our time. Or maybe it's that other thing...

I wanted to see things for myself.

So about 6PM yesterday [Friday] I put on my cowboy hat and vest. Jumped in my old pickup truck. And took a drive to the court house and federal building downtown Portland.

I can say it is a mess.
Crap everywhere. Graffiti everywhere.

But people walking around doing there thing as if its no big deal.

I also saw streets lined with old motorhomes filled with homeless. And a ton of homeless tent camps.
Its a sad state of affairs.

From an article

Authorities found that the bullets fired by Hankison traveled into the neighboring apartment while three residents were home – a male, a pregnant female, and a child, Attorney General Daniel Cameron said at a press conference after the grand jury's announcement. Hankinson was not charged in Taylor's death, but rather for endangering her neighbors' lives.

"... these officers created the situation in which [detective] Cosgrove found himself reflexively firing 16 rounds down a dark hallway. When a terrified man had the temerity to defend himself against a bewildering home invasion, Cosgrove and his colleagues responded with overwhelming force, firing a total of 32 bullets. The legal determination that 22 of those rounds were justified ... "

"... Myles Cosgrove, ... detective ...told investigators the incident unfolded so quickly that he was not consciously aware of using his gun ..."

" Cosgrove's description of the incident does not necessarily cast doubt on that conclusion, but it does underline the dangers inherent in the armed home invasions that police routinely use to enforce drug prohibition. Those dangers include not only the well-known risk that residents will mistake cops for robbers but the possibility that police will mistake their colleagues' gunfire for an assault by their targets. In such chaotic circumstances, there is also a risk that police will be injured or killed by friendly fire. "

The Jury is back on Hankison

The Jury is back on Hankison

It seems to me that firing though closed blinds at a target that has had plenty of time to move is well into "reckless" territory. Especially since the muzzle flash he was aiming at was from fellow officers' guns.

It seems to me that firing though closed blinds at a target that has had plenty of time to move is well into "reckless" territory. Especially since the muzzle flash he was aiming at was from fellow officers' guns.
Have to say this sounds VERY bad and like panic fire to me too. Fire at a shadows? I wonder what they would have done if he had hit one of his fellow officers in there? I know I would NEVER want his working with me.

Have to say this sounds VERY bad and like panic fire to me too. Fire at a shadows? I wonder what they would have done if he had hit one of his fellow officers in there? I know I would NEVER want his working with me.
Well he got fired and his boss said he was reckless and irresponsible, but the jury decided to let him off the hook. Per all the news stories, though, it's The System that protects bad cops and if only The People had some say...

Well he got fired and his boss said he was reckless and irresponsible, but the jury decided to let him off the hook. Per all the news stories, though, it's The System that protects bad cops and if only The People had some say...
I guess since he did not hit anyone I can see them not convicting him. Since at this point I highly doubt any Police Dept. would touch him now. So at least he can't do this again. He did get off VERY lucky. If he had hit one of his partners in there? Sadly a lot of people end up with the job of being a Cop who do NOT have what it takes. Often this is what happens when one of them is put in a bad situation. :(

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top