JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

Panther tank and based on the photo, nice restoration

Torpedo

Anti Aircraft gun

Handguns which most likely are of WW2 vintage...Lugers, Hi Powers, Walters....I hope they allow the collection to be rehomed

Assault rifles, would imply there is possibly a Sturmgewehr 44 .....I think I know of a few potential buyers

Last Edited:
I say we should set up a go-fund-me account to bring the old gent and his collection to N. Idaho. IMO that tank would look great in my yard. What would be even more awesome would be offering trips to the local Walmart, less than a mile away, and to other sites in the CDA area.

That Panther alone would pay for all the fines they want to hit that geezer with and still leave him with a pile of dough. He could make big bucks selling the rest off as well. Back in 2014, I got a tour of the Littlefield tank collection in Woodside, just before they auctioned it off. If I had any doubts about how great it is to be rich, that tour dispelled them all. They had a Panther. The Nazis drove it into a river and blew out the back of the turret with a bomb before fleeing (I think) Lithuania. Littlefield had it pulled out of the river and shipped to Woodside where his crew restored it. The story was that they couldn't repair the turret so he had a new one cast. The list of tanks there was astounding WWI to Cold War. He had a SCUD missile and launcher T-34's a Hetzer Mark III and IV Panzers Shermans, M-3 Stuarts. Alas, no Tigers. They had a Hawk mobile missile system that the British tried to buy back during the Falklands War (He said "No".)
Even the scrap/salvage yard there was amazing There was most of a Jagdpanzer IV sitting there among other hulked tanks . I must have spent a couple hundred on lotto tickets in the runup to that big auction, but no joy. I would have loved to have the M-3 Gun Carriage with the quad 50 mount and a Stuart Tank on my front lawn, but it wasn't to be...:(

He even had his own narrow gauge railroad on that property. I wonder how much of his crew went back east to work for the Collings Foundation (Which got the bulk of the collection)

Some pix from the Littlefield
1628044346969.jpeg

1628044386913.jpeg

1628044425766.jpeg

1628044451457.jpeg

1628044489436.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show