JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just received pictures from my mom who unfortunately has made some poor life choices. Anyway, not here for that part of the story. Does anyone in our group know what insignia or sign that's for on back of his tank? He served in Vietnam so probably sometime in that era. But he did serve 24 years. Thanks in advance you guys!

A60DC081-1468-401D-8BEF-E0709466E1EB.jpeg 8B2DBB8E-2FCA-4B82-AF6D-152A97B3C3F8.jpeg

Looking at the tank I can tell it is a M60 as opposed to a M48 due to the front of the hull and the lack of muzzle brake on the main gun on the tank gun visible in the background. The M60 was phase out of US Army service in the 1990s when they were replaced by the M1 Abrams. I think the M60 was being developed during Vietnam, but I don't think they were used in Vietnam so I think the photographs were post Vietnam.

Yeah pretty sure its a M60A1, by the style of tanker uniform im guessing early mid 70`s or so, the back of tank says BLACK SHEEP, could just be their call sign or company nick name, cant make out the other one, other than a capital A, more then likely for id-ing during training, cool pics.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top