JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Portland. :confused:
Completely unaffected and unconcerned.
Minnesota is 1800 miles away...
National public in unison has already condemned this cop... but oh no...
Portland needs to have their tantrum in public themselves. Not enough attention lately I guess.

Read a while back there is already stuff breaking out in LA over it. Many will use this as an excuse to head out to the streets and riot.

Well, seems the Mayors and Governors are willing to let the rioters riot, no threats, no orders to stay home...
... We were wondering when all this lock yourself away, don't go out in crowds, social distance crap, was gonna end!
I would imagine it can be pretty difficult to hold a riot, while keeping to the "less than ten" rule.

Last Edited:
Emphasis mine:
The moment the crowd erupt into anarchy, violence, looting, burning, etc they lose all credibility.
They are nothing more than lawless criminals.
This always happens.
It's not about justice or injustice, it's about looting, destroying, and anarchy.

What does the reaction have anything to do with the justification of the event? There was a riot, yes, but there could also have been a peaceful memorial that would have made MLK Jr. shed a tear...in either case, those actions have no bearing on the justification of the events preceding them.

An injustice does not suddenly become acceptable because it sparked an unjustified act.

It's not the LEOs fault this guy was stopped. Based off that security cam footage you can bet this guy was a drug addict and probably high or needing to get high when this happened.
He was resisting, at every turn.

His death was more than likely caused from drugs, not the LEOs knee in his neck,

Resisting at every turn? Seemed like he walked from his car across the street without resisting at all.

You can bet he was an addict? How? 'Cause your prejudice says so?

Here, I can play that game: The cop looks like a functional alcoholic to me. How else do you explain his overreactions and lack of awareness of the passing of time? See, sounds like BS, no?

Whether or not the guy was as high as a kite at the time of arrest has no bearing on his death: he died because of injuries sustained while in custody, specifically, a knee on his neck for extended time and the associated trauma that that caused.

Was that smart of the cop? No
Did it keep him restrained? Yes

So, in the land of clearconscience, one may kill a man in order to keep him restrained. The irony is palpable.

These cops will most likely be hung out to dry for this by politically motivated Mayors, prosecutors, DAs, Judges, and of course the media.

Historically, they'll actually be protected by the system...hence the outrage. But, we'll see if the lady of justice is finally allowed to judge.

Question is was he on drugs?
If he was, would he have died if he wasn't?

It doesn't matter if he was or was not on drugs.

Had the officer who killed him called in sick to work that day, would he still be alive?

Either way, there's no reason to burn your town down for some guy losing his life.

Agreed.

Anyone ever see a riot in Utah...?

Ak1RYMBs.jpeg

RULE #1 friends, lets not devolve into personal attacks here, and lets not make condescending comments to each other, making assumptions isn't going to endure folks to your way of thinking, no matter the validity of the comment!

Staff will not ask again! :eek:

Don't agree. If any of us peasants crushed a guys wind pipe who was handcuffed and begging for his life (crying for mama) we would be sent to prison the rest of our lives for this.. On the other hand, when a police officer does it, some how he is justified, improperly trained (seriously a 20 year veteran?) and gets a free pass and the benefit of the doubt. The creepy look on the face of this cop and lack of any speech or facial expression makes me think he is a f'ing homicidal maniac. Considering the move was technical and executed with accuracy, as one of bystanders was trained in Jiu-Jitsu and making comments about it as well, it hardly seems like he didn't know what the hell he was doing. His buddy sitting there casually watching and laughing almost made it look like it was just a day of entertainment for them.

Why is it the Minneapolis police department have such a bad track record for killing innocent people? First Philando Castile, then Justine Damond and now this crap.

I actually am worried than many police are enjoying their newfound powers the Pandemic has given some of them a more gung-ho attitude than usual. You can be arrested literally for hanging out on a sidewalk or going to church now. I have a video of a cop forcefully restraining a 72 year old Vietnam Veteran (leaving deep bruises on his wrists from the cuffs) and shoving him into police car in California for not refusing to leave a Waffle restaurant that wasn't suppose to be open. Look what happened in NYC when a cop acting like a thug beat a man unconscious for not observing social distancing?

I know I could be hated for saying this, but I dont think cops deserve any special treatment compared to us peasants. THey swore an oath to uphold the Law and Constitution and are suppose to be public servants, not thugs with a badge. I have encountered too many strong headed cops with a chip on their shoulder. I know there are many good cops who want to do the best they can do to help society and put their lives on the line. I feel sorry for the good police officers who now have their reputations and diligence tarnished by these thugs who use their badge as a permit to act out on their insanity and sociopathic tendencies and justify them.

Four cops, one guy in handcuffs who was not resisting arrest to any serious extent? He was already freakin handcuffed! Obviously, his department reviewed the body camera and instantly fired them, but didn't bother arresting them since police have much superior citizenry status than the rest of us and got to walk free after doing this. They probably saw there was absolutely no justification for what they did from the body cameras which is why they were immediately fired.

What scares me? Is with the new normal we are experience from this Pandemic and the heightened power that government authorities have and diminished civil rights we may see many more people merely killed on the street by an empowered and militarized police force that has superior rights and status than the lowly peasantry.

I think, unless there is something that we don't know here, these cops should be thrown into a Federal prison and get to live side by side with the other inmates. No need for a death penalty. No special status either. I am also for shooting looters on sight too.. I am for justice and it pisses people off.
That video is disturbing. Let me see if I can find similar videos in other countries. o_O:eek::rolleyes:

Its not free. You pay 42% or whatever for 47 working years at $60k, thats almost 1.2 million dollars in taxes. You pay half of that in the US. So you can afford to pay up to $560k on college to BREAK EVEN.
There is no free lunch in this world.
Thanks for catching my mistake. I said "free" when I should have said tax paid-for services (university, healthcare, and other important stuff). Maybe you know the exact percent of tax working Germans pay, I do not, but I know what it ACTUALLY pays for. That was my emphasis - your tax dollars at work.

I find it hard to believe that as a dual citizen of Colombia, you are not aware of the massive police corruption and brutality that occurred during the heyday of the Medellin cartel.

Holding up Colombian police officers as models of civility and moral superiority over American police officers seems an odd choice...

I am visiting family in Colombia. I am citizen of Brasil and USA, as well as permanent resident of Wales (UK).

A corrupt police force will always be a problem so long as the powers that be exist and lord over civil workers. I was only sharing my experience in the world and how I have only experience problems with the police in the US. I cannot speak for Medellin police corruption but am not surprised it exist, it is a much bigger city than where I am now, and whatever drug cartel exist there is no worst than the "Nationalist" that exist stateside. I did not, nor do I consider the Colombian police force a model the US police force should follow; talk about "heyday" is asking for the heyday of USA, should we go there? Major cities worldwide have dealt with corruption from the office chairs to person walking with a badge.
While in Bogota, the biggest city and capitol, I experienced no trouble from anyone; yes, I speak the language but with a Portuguese accent.

Does this describe someone you know?
  1. Doesn't support the police when they are enforcing the Governor's stay at home orders during a pandemic.
  2. Supports the police when they suffocate a restrained man until he is dead.
Strange times we live in. The good news is Derek Chauvin is the most famous cop in America right now, and even if he's not in jail yet, him and his family are in for a wild ride.

There are 320 million+ people in this country, hundreds of thousands of police, spending millions and millions of man hours policing. Things are going to go wrong, bad stuff is going to happen. I get tired of all the America bashing and police bashing when these things are rare enough to be big news.

If the grass is so much greener, have at it I guess.
Humans expect perfection. The old I'm perfect and nobody else is scenario.

How come none of us get thrown down and knee to the neck in our lives? Maybe because we have half a brain and act civil and be good humans .

I am visiting family in Colombia. I am citizen of Brasil and USA, as well as permanent resident of Wales (UK).

A corrupt police force will always be a problem so long as the powers that be exist and lord over civil workers. I was only sharing my experience in the world and how I have only experience problems with the police in the US. I cannot speak for Medellin police corruption but am not surprised it exist, it is a much bigger city than where I am now, and whatever drug cartel exist there is no worst than the "Nationalist" that exist stateside. I did not, nor do I consider the Colombian police force a model the US police force should follow; talk about "heyday" is asking for the heyday of USA, should we go there? Major cities worldwide have dealt with corruption from the office chairs to person walking with a badge.
While in Bogota, the biggest city and capitol, I experienced no trouble from anyone; yes, I speak the language but with a Portuguese accent.
maybe you and @tac should get together. hes over in the UK too

They seem to be going after all the Targets and Target has closed all of their locations down in the city.
Doesn't Target have an army of Karen's that could flash mob out and defend the store? I could see them annoying the rioters to death and then celebrating with casseroles at a potluck afterwards. It could happen dontcha know? :cool:

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads