JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
First off, may this man who lost his life needlessly - may he Rest In Peace.

We've gone around this thing more than a few times in recent years. Yes, "there could be more to the story". In the meantime, I've got friends who serve in the line of duty and do it well. The last time things got really bad, my buddy told me what would come next - he predicted that a shooting would happen. Ended up being the shooting of officers in Dallas a week or two later. Honestly, it was pretty easy to see it coming.

Now this happens and once again I fear for my friends who are on the front lines. I'm not in the law enforcement business, but where I work we have a "brotherhood" and we look out for one another. We'll do everything we can to protect each other...EXCEPT, every once in a while someone will do something completely out of line. If it taints our profession and is in complete disregard for our brothers and sisters, we gladly throw that individual to the wolves (management) and say good riddance. Considering the types of people HR hires these days to wear the badge, I hope officers in departments around the country will take a good look at their peers and ask, "does this person represent us well?".

Sorry if this isn't posted in the correct section. Just something I really wanted to say.

I am disturbed by the video! As a medical professional, retired or not, leaning on a persons' spine is asking for serious trouble. Sure, they may be more to the story, however, I fail to see how a hand-cuffed individual needs prancing on.

I think I need to retire elsewhere, this only happens in USA. :(:mad:

I don't see a video. Where did you see that?

I hope both of them piece of bubblegum bubbleguming cops fry in the electric chair! Or even worse, get put into the "general population" in the prison they end up going to!!!

Senseless. Absolutely senseless!

RIP.

I would think fellow cops would have enough respect for their profession to handle their own bad apples. I'd figure that would be more honorable than sharing a badge and reputation with murders.

This is unbelievably naive.
I am not sure that it is. I have travelled far and wide, and currently, I am in Colombia - I have never faced such nasty attitudes from P to R elsewhere, only in USA. I have dual citizenship and permanent residence to other countries, but USA is my home for now - I just do not always feel welcomed. Now, why is that?

That's what Obama said about mass shootings.
Was it verbatim?

Mass shootings are not the same or in the same category as police brutality. The only time I can think of police brutality in other countries is when the police are actually fighting a mob (Hong Kong, France) but where is it popular to use unnecessary force on a person of colour, shoot into someones' home, shoot at them in their vehicle, or in the back as they run away, than USA? In some of those scenarios the persons were un armed or simply mentioned they had a permit for said weapon.

All, be very mindful of our rules here at Northwest Firearms and in particular:

1. Be excellent to each other

Take a few moments and refresh yourselves, if you have a need.

That said, lumping all LEO into a single group, is equally as bad as lumping all firearms owners into a single group following a reprehensible terrorist shooting.

Should anyone chose to do so on here, AND post up such, be prepared for a vacation.

All, be very mindful of our rules here at Northwest Firearms and in particular:

1. Be excellent to each other

Take a few moments and refresh yourselves, if you have a need.

That said, lumping all LEO into a single group, is equally as bad as lumping all firearms owners into a single group following a reprehensible terrorist shooting.

Should anyone chose to do so on here, AND post up such, be prepared for a vacation.
Is this for me, really? Speaking in general is grounds for possible dismissal? My mistake, thought I was choosing my words carefully.

I fear this is why humanity will not survive. We are a flash in the pan. Our empathy and compassion towards each other is lacking. There are many who care for one another but far too many that don't. From a pragmatic perspective, we need more peace, love, understanding, and a huge dose of common sense. Those cops not only took that man's life but ruined their own, not to mention what they have done to his family. A waste all around.

It's an ill wind that blows nobody any good.

Is this for me, really? Speaking in general is grounds for possible dismissal? My mistake, thought I was choosing my words carefully.

Read my post, it is specifically and explicitly directed towards "ALL"

Were there an issue with an individual member, we would be discussing such privately.

Status

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR