JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
It's hard to open your mind enough to try to understand the perspective of another culture, their problems, frustrations, outlooks and assumptions that they've been brought up with. I'll never excuse criminal behavior, and just because you might understand their perspective doesn't mean you have to agree with it, but I do think it helps you to be able to recognize them as human beings, not just criminals or thugs. What happened to that community that has caused so many young men to think crime, drugs, and gangs are normal and acceptable? Is it easier to just right them off as a "bunch of criminals who belong in jail", or try to understand why that is so, and what can be done about it? That "dirt-bag criminal" in the gutter really is a human being, whether we like it or not. I know, I'm sounding like a preacher (I'm not).

Very true. The problem is in this age of no moral absolutes that a culture of criminal and dysfunctional behavior and attitudes must now no longer be viewed as negative but instead be tolerated and twisted into something positive when it is so clearly not.

Here's a gem, police station on fire now. I guess their mayor and city council are like ours here in Portland, stand down and let the mobs do what they want.

Maybe they will loot and burn down city hall. The buck stops at the top. The Mayor is ultimately responsible for the actions or inactions of his police dept.

Very true. The problem is in this age of no moral absolutes that a culture of criminal and dysfunctional behavior and attitudes must now no longer be viewed as negative but instead be tolerated and twisted into something positive when it is so clearly not.
That is not more evident than in this response from Target in regards to their store being looted and destroyed:

Danielle Schumann, a spokesperson for Target, told FOX Business the company is "heartbroken by the death of George Floyd and the pain it is causing our community."

"We decided to close our Lake Street store earlier today and worked to ensure all of our team members were accounted for and safe," Schumann said in an emailed statement. "Our focus will remain on our team members' safety and helping our community heal. Until further notice, our store will remain closed."

Hey Target do your shareholders a favor and close the Lake Street store permanently.

There never was a golden age.
!

Here's a gem, police station on fire now. I guess their mayor and city council are like ours here in Portland, stand down and let the mobs do what they want.

Where are the National Guard troops?

My brother is a cop, my dad is a retired cop. I have friends that are cops. They say that there is a massive shortage of new officers all over the country and all of them wish they would have chosen a different career path due to how insane things are getting.

Thanks for catching my mistake. I said "free" when I should have said tax paid-for services (university, healthcare, and other important stuff). Maybe you know the exact percent of tax working Germans pay, I do not, but I know what it ACTUALLY pays for. That was my emphasis - your tax dollars at work.

To get xyz, you can have a system where the .gov takes more taxes and that money creates universal entitlements, or you can be responsible for choosing your own services in a free-er market. Some people that champion universal healthcare have pointed at the VA as proof that .gov healthcare can work in the US. These people obviously don't have to go to the VA, or they'd never say that.

Maybe they will loot and burn down city hall. The buck stops at the top. The Mayor is ultimately responsible for the actions or inactions of his police dept.

No, as I noted earlier with Dead Kennedy's song reference:

But you get to the place
Where the real slavedrivers live
It's walled off by the riot squad
Aiming guns right at your head
So you turn right around
And play right into their hands
And set your own neighborhood
Burning to the ground instead

My brother is a cop, my dad is a retired cop. I have friends that are cops. They say that there is a massive shortage of new officers all over the country and all of them wish they would have chosen a different career path due to how insane things are getting.
It is becoming more of a thankless job and more dangerous everyday. I don't envy any LEOs for having to put up with the garbage they do while risking their lives to do it.

if they show up tell them to arrive bayos mounted.

Haven't read the thread.

That cop killed that man. Unless and until we - all of us, especially white America - can admit that - this will continue.

I think maybe you should read the thread.
We know the cop killed the man.

That "White America" crack?
That's the most racist thing said here so far.

Indeed, you're referring to the concept of cultural relativism...the idea that human culture is some prismatic phenomena that twists and turns about in the aether and that, no matter its shape or colour, it should be looked at with reverence because at its heart, it is human culture just the same.

Unfortunately, I think the lesson of perceiving another's culture with a fresh perspective in an attempt to learn how it came to be and to find the beauty in it was given too large a dose of politically correct dogma. It is perfectly fine to find valuable insights in every way of life, but finding something nice in some cultures is like finding an oasis; its existence does not negate the desert.

Treating such cultures as if they are equal does not hold them accountable for the ills of that culture, and make no mistake, there are objective ways of measuring up. Such bias is...I think 'Dubya' Bush said it best...the soft bigotry of low expectations.

I think maybe you should read the thread.
We know the cop killed the man.

That "White America" crack?
That's the most racist thing said here so far.

Probably. Not surprising. That's the issue. Whites are so used to their privilege that they don't even see it anymore. The woman in Central Park in New York should be charged - but, No! White woman confronted by black man - must protect her! He's lucky to be alive, and she's facing no consequences for endangering his life.

Probably. Not surprising. That's the issue. Whites are so used to their privilege that they don't even see it anymore. The woman in Central Park in New York should be charged - but, No! White woman confronted by black man - must protect her! He's lucky to be alive, and she's facing no consequences for endangering his life.

The crazy lady lost her dog and her job immediately. The entire world saw her for who she was. She's not about to live that down anytime soon.
The poor guy she was harshing on came out looking just fine from my view... Why do you say, "He's lucky to be alive..."?

We just travel in different circles I guess.

And for the future - please speak for yourself - you know, without all that guilty projection onto people whom you don't know or speak for.

No. The Central Park thing went just like it was suppose to.

White privilege.

I love that phrase. Abdicates all sorts of accountability.

P

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews