JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I do 95% of my practice on public land. I keep a membership for those nasty cold rainy days and occasional rifle zero work.

Whats ironic about 80% guns is they wouldn't even be a thing if anti gunners weren't trying to ban guns in the first place. I figured they were going to be prohibited at some point but doing so still doesnt prevent the real bad guys from building them. Anti gunners created that problem.
Anyways on a different note, you might find some information in this thread interesting.
Pretty cool thanks for the link!

So a p80 finished off before this law came into effect should have been serialized?
Not necessarily. If the build was completed prior to July 2019, it does not fall under the new definitions and is still legal to possess for personal use. After that date... made or unfinished had to be serialized by March 2023.

If you want to sell it then yes, you can have it serialized and sell it. Non-issue.

It "can" be confusing because it seemingly does fall within the new description of an untraceable firearm, however, that definition doesn't apply to pre 2019 completed and non-serialized firearms... even though they are the exact same animal.

(Different from Oregon where there is no "grandfather clause".)

As far as seeing 80%'s in LGS's, that's perfectly fine and they aren't illegal, but are already serialized and require a BGC to purchase them.

Contrary to popular belief, not everyone that enjoys building their own firearms only does so because they are prohibited persons.:s0140:

I hate RSOs so damn much. They really are just a wet blanket on an otherwise normal shooting day. And it's always old cranky men with nothing better to do than harass range goers and tell them complete irrelevant stories about their time in the Coast guard. And the whole time they're yammering the only thing I hear is "wa wa wa wa wa" just like Charlie Brown's teacher. Please go away.

Mini rant over

I never understood the appeal of 80% things until I was told I can't have em. Then I wanted a bunch but now it's not exactly a legal thing to do under the table on the left coast and the risk/reward dynamic has shifted

I never understood the appeal of 80% things until I was told I can't have em. Then I wanted a bunch but now it's not exactly a legal thing to do under the table on the left coast and the risk/reward dynamic has shifted
The whole point of them is so you could still have a gun if all your serialized (ie, registered) were bought back or turned in, the risk/reward was always there even before they were banned I don't see how anyone couldn't see they would be banned at some point and had some plan to deal with that either "rule 1 of "fight club" or get them serialized etc. I thought about it but my take is they don't solve the [serialized] confiscation threat and I didn't like the idea of owning something I couldn't use. I am glad they sold serialized versions though, finally a striker option with a normal grip angle.

I don't see how anyone couldn't see they would be banned at some point and had some plan to deal with that...
I always get a chuckle when people say that. And there is always someone saying it for every level of 2A infringement.

The ultimate goal is a full ban on all firearms. For every infringement it stands to reason someone will most certainly feel the need to point out, "I don't see how anyone couldn't see it coming", right!??🤣

Let's not even consider that for all time it has been perfectly legal to MFG your own firearm for personal use and a SN has never been required.

Bump stocks. Shoulda seen it coming.
FRT's and stabilizing braces. Shoulda seen it coming.
So called "assault weapons". Shoulda seen it coming.
Mag capacity bans. Shoulda seen it coming.

Universal BGC's. Better see that one coming.
Purchase/possession permits. Better see that one coming.
Federal firearm registry. Better see that one coming.
Ammunition purchase/possession limits. Better see that one coming.
Semi auto rifles or shotguns. Better see that one coming.
Semi auto handguns. Better see that one coming.
All handguns and revolvers. Better see that one coming.

Once those happen we can flip them all to ,"I don't see how anyone couldn't see they would be banned at some point." Right!?:s0140:

Universal BGC's. Better see that one coming.
Purchase/possession permits. Better see that one coming.
Federal firearm registry. Better see that one coming.
Ammunition purchase/possession limits. Better see that one coming.
Semi auto rifles or shotguns. Better see that one coming.
Semi auto handguns. Better see that one coming.
All handguns and revolvers. Better see that one coming.
What are you talking about? Nobodys trying to take away our guns....
View: https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1623155871277539329

-sarcasm-

I get that much of the conversation centers around commercially available 80% frames and receivers. Those are a little more obvious for the anti's to go after, but they didn't ban only those. They banned "unfinished frames and receivers". Meaning... you can't take a block of metal or plastic and print it or mill it into a firearm.... effectively banning any and all traditionally made and emerging tech PMF's... unless purchasing pre-manufactured and serialized blocks of metal and plastic.

Much more far reaching than just 80%'ers, which ironically, you can still purchase and make a PMF out of. 🤣

In Oregon and Washington?
Not exactly "all". Washington has additional bans. Like their AWB and such so some unfinished, even MFG serialized, are still a no go. Then there is the issue of, legal or not, much is unobtanium simply because MFG and retailers are taking the safe route and won't sell/ship there.

From the OP it sounds like some LGS's are stocking and selling what's still legally allowed.

Oregon you can across the board.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Oregon Arms Collectors June 2024 Gun Show
  • Portland, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads