JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So the requirements for "training"/education/etc. are?

I looked at my DD214 and while it has several mentions of arms training, they don't mention anything about "safety", etc., which I have read are required for Orygun's CHL?

I think if you had a pistol qual card from your time in you could use that. DD214 won't have specific handgun qualification. I just took a legal heat classroom course to make it easy.

This is what my DD-214 says:

Marksman: M-16 Rifle
Sharpshooter: .45 Pistol

Small Arms TRNG, 5 days
BC School

The last two were LEO training - small arms included shoot/no shoot training, but I don't have anything more specific that mentions that or "safety". I had "Hunter's Safety" as a kid, but no documentation of that.

I guess I can take my DD-214 in and show them. If it isn't sufficient then I can take an online course.

I did an online course, i think it took me hours. Not going to hassle with my DD-214. There is also a lot of stuff specific to use of force and when it is legal that I'm not sure just a simple DD-214 would cover.

I did an online course, i think it took me hours. Not going to hassle with my DD-214. There is also a lot of stuff specific to use of force and when it is legal that I'm not sure just a simple DD-214 would cover.

I had that from an LE perspective, including arrest techniques by the OSP, and use of lethal force for a fed LE, but not quite the same as for a civilian.

Whatever.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top