JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My grandmother passed away last year @ 98 and I surprisingly was granted this lil .22 rifle. It was given to her by her father when she was in the third grade. It's a J. Stevens Arms that is both .22 long and short. It is a bolt action in darn fine shape.
It has a tube under the barrell of which I was able to load 12 .22lr. Thank goodness for google in finding the info about this.

20160111_201837.jpg 20160111_201825.jpg 20160111_201804.jpg

20160111_201837.jpg

20160111_201825.jpg

20160111_201804.jpg

MightyCasey, If what you say is on the barrel, long/short, then you can not fire 22 long rifle rounds, only 22 long and 22 short. Three different rounds. Just being clear on what we're discussing.

If the length of the bullet does not cause a problem with the action of the rifle there is no reason even if it is marked as short/long that it couldn't safely shoot .22LR the only effective difference is the overall length of the bullet. As kids we shot hundreds upon hundreds of .22LR in dads Winchester model 1890 c1905 that was chambered and would ONLY cycle the shorter OAL .22Long. We just loaded them one at a time like a single shot into the chamber. Neither the gun nor us kids ever suffered any damage.

My son 3 years ago was willed a early Marlin 60 first year it was not a Glenfield.
Its in real good shape and why not worth anywhere near what your is, I think my son still sees his as priceless. Not to side step the topic, but this is why fighting right now to preserve rights are so crucial as things like this will evaporate into the past if we do not put a stop now.

If the length of the bullet does not cause a problem with the action of the rifle there is no reason even if it is marked as short/long that it couldn't safely shoot .22LR the only effective difference is the overall length of the bullet. As kids we shot hundreds upon hundreds of .22LR in dads Winchester model 1890 c1905 that was chambered and would ONLY cycle the shorter OAL .22Long. We just loaded them one at a time like a single shot into the chamber. Neither the gun nor us kids ever suffered any damage.

Making the point for safety and education. It only takes one time. Just because we all got away with it doesn't mean it was a good idea.

Yea, just because it may be possible doesn't make it a good idea. You can shoot a .50BMG out of a break barrel 12ga, but I wouldn't recommend it...

Longs can be hard to find but shorts pop up quite a bit.

Yea, just because it may be possible doesn't make it a good idea. You can shoot a .50BMG out of a break barrel 12ga, but I wouldn't recommend it...

Longs can be hard to find but shorts pop up quite a bit.

You been watching Iraqveteran8888 videos again? :)

On another note, last time I was in Sportsman's on 82nd, they had a pretty decent stock of CCI shorts.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top