JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would like firearm registries if....
They would work like bridal registries.

You know...
You make a list of the firearms , ammo and firearm accessories you want...
And your friends buy 'em for you. :D

Oh...wait...
Imagine the outcry if bridal registries operated how firearm registries actually work.....:eek: :D
Andy

Well currently in all but a hand full of states you have been able to sell privet guns with out doing paperwork. In fact, in most states there was no means for you to do paperwork/transfer to sell to someone else even if you wanted to.

A few years back In Idaho the ATF figured a person did not hang onto a gun more than 3 years before selling or trading it off to someone else.

I am sure this has change now, but by how much I do not know.

My point is even with all this current paperwork it will be hard to trace 60% (my estimate) of current guns out in the world for this reason. Over the last 40 years I have very few of the guns I had back then.

My question is how many guns do you guys have that you bought before it was required to transfer from privet folks or how many poly 80s are out there, so at most it would be just a couple years back that data will do any good.

Do you have receipts for every gun you have sold or bought, most folks never bothered to get receipts as it was not law and not required.

Yes, if they pass a law that demands that you register all your guns (with the IRS/ATF) then to me that is a Tyrannical Government and you have to choose what you will do next.

Yes, fight any new legislation and write your congress critters letting your thoughts be known, then support your favorite gun rights group as its all we can do for now and hope it works as the alternative will never come out the way anybody plans.

I'm honestly wondering "no joke" when are we going to start seeing confrontations between people who are not going to comply to this draconian crap and if it does start to happen how many people will cave and just give in…
My guess is that the powers that be will have no problem snuffing out anyone who doesn't obey and hoping that those instances will make everybody terrified enough to comply.
Either way "they" think they win. If one side caves, the other side wins by default. If one side resists, the other side wins by reacting with more "common sense" raids, confiscation, and jackbootery.

The third option is the legal system actually following the constitution. But we see how well that's been going. o_O

Wise people are doing a lot of soul searching with concern about where this trajectory is taking us. Have we passed a point? I don't know....

Well currently in all but a hand full of states you have been able to sell privet guns with out doing paperwork. In fact, in most states there was no means for you to do paperwork/transfer to sell to someone else even if you wanted to.

A few years back In Idaho the ATF figured a person did not hang onto a gun more than 3 years before selling or trading it off to someone else.

I am sure this has change now, but by how much I do not know.

My point is even with all this current paperwork it will be hard to trace 60% (my estimate) of current guns out in the world for this reason. Over the last 40 years I have very few of the guns I had back then.

My question is how many guns do you guys have that you bought before it was required to transfer from privet folks or how many poly 80s are out there, so at most it would be just a couple years back that data will do any good.

Do you have receipts for every gun you have sold or bought, most folks never bothered to get receipts as it was not law and not required.

Yes, if they pass a law that demands that you register all your guns (with the IRS/ATF) then to me that is a Tyrannical Government and you have to choose what you will do next.

Yes, fight any new legislation and write your congress critters letting your thoughts be known, then support your favorite gun rights group as its all we can do for now and hope it works as the alternative will never come out the way anybody plans.
Its made abundantly clear the reason that the Anti2A groups have been pushing so hard to outlaw private firearm sales without bg checks :rolleyes:

Either way "they" think they win. If one side caves, the other side wins by default. If one side resists, the other side wins by reacting with more "common sense" raids, confiscation, and jackbootery.

The third option is the legal system actually following the constitution. But we see how well that's been going. o_O

Wise people are doing a lot of soul searching with concern about where this trajectory is taking us. Have we passed a point? I don't know....
No; not yet. People have had it far too easy, too good of a life, too comfortable, content that they'd rather keep jobs and incomes, keep being "law abiding" citizens, to fight for their rights :(

Its made abundantly clear the reason that the Anti2A groups have been pushing so hard to outlaw private firearm sales without bg checks :rolleyes:

No; not yet. People have had it far too easy, too good of a life, too comfortable, content that they'd rather keep jobs and incomes, keep being "law abiding" citizens, to fight for their rights :(
We do seem to be approaching the bondage stage of the Tyler Cycle. Which means there will be no comfortable or easy way out of this mess.

Registries are already in place for the Lawfully obtained firearms.
I believe the Fed's could walk up to my door anytime they like holding a list of every gun listed on every 4473 I have signed.

This is documented to have already happened to citizens in this country.

Not starting Shizz here but that is just how I feel about it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top