JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Something is way off here.
If radiation is spiking in those places I have a hunch why,....but...time will tell.
Take my thoughts with a grain of salt and look for yourself. I could be way off, but
seems like they added 2+2 and came up with 7 in that alert and image today.

Look at the patterns from Chernobyl
<broken link removed>
It was a hell of a lot hotter than Japan.

and here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU4_bJT8W3Y

http://radioactivemonticello.wordpress.com/2012/04/26/chernobyl-fallout-maps-from-the-bbc/

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/0604/feature1/map.html

US
http://www.davistownmuseum.org/cbm/Rad7c.html#USA

-------------------
From Fukishima
And if it is related to precip patterns then the snowpack should be hot as hell......but...no.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/fukushima-radiation-levels-will-concentrate-in-pockets-at-specific-us-and-canada-west-coast-locations/5356528

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

Perhaps, but then the U.S. has dumped radioactive waste off the Farallon Islands since the 1940's (waste was part of the U.S. nuclear weapons work being done in the 1940's, 1950's and 1960's.

I think in the beginning, a lot of waste was dumped at sea and when those containers rust away there will be a huge problem.
Where was that comment about all the sea's .... oh yeah...

'And the second Angel poured out his vial upon the sea, and it became as the blood of a dead man: and every living soul died in the sea.'

A lot of forethought for a couple thousand yr old book.......

Something is way off here.
If radiation is spiking in those places I have a hunch why,....but...time will tell.
Take my thoughts with a grain of salt and look for yourself. I could be way off, but
seems like they added 2+2 and came up with 7 in that alert and image today.

Look at the patterns from Chernobyl
<broken link removed>
It was a hell of a lot hotter than Japan.

and here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU4_bJT8W3Y

Chernobyl Fallout Maps from the BBC | radioactive monticello

Inside Chernobyl, The Long Shadow of Chernobyl - National Geographic Magazine

US
Chernobyl Annotated Bibliography

-------------------
From Fukishima
And if it is related to precip patterns then the snowpack should be hot as hell......but...no.

Fukushima Radiation Levels Will Concentrate in Pockets at Specific US and Canada West Coast Locations | Global Research

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

What I have been reading claims that Fukushima is at least 100 times hotter than chernobyl
anyway if the map is accurate the US has been bombarded with radiation. I don't see that fact changing. How is that lawsuit against Tepco for shortening our pursuit of happiness coming along? Can we go back to those coal powered plants yet?

What I have been reading claims that Fukushima is at least 100 times hotter than chernobyl
anyway if the map is accurate the US has been bombarded with radiation. I don't see that fact changing. How is that lawsuit against Tepco for shortening our pursuit of happiness coming along? Can we go back to those coal powered plants yet?

Again I checked the trees, shrubs, ground and much of the area. The levels are the same as they have been for the past 5 or 6 years here. NO Change

Just curious, what type of instrument are you using? GM tube, proportional counter, scintillation probe, microR meter, count rate meter?

Not being a smart azz, just wondering what the general population is using.

Nope just a gama scout.

http://www.gamma-scout.com/EN/GammaFAQ.php

The main reason I bought it, was due to working in an industrial plant in NW portland helping them resolve some OSHA issues, and somewhere in there I was hit by something that fried the circuits in my watch, cell phone, pda and handheld inventory control device.
I bought it and a magnetometer and carried them when I worked in that area after that. I now use it like most use a weather station and ck it daily for abnormal readings.
I had it really spike out one day when a delivery van pulled alongside me at a stoplight. Called it in, but never heard anything more about it. I guess it could have been some medical eqpt, but not sure.
Ambient readings seem to stay between .09 micro Sv and .17
That has stayed fairly constant for years now. Once in a while it goes to .22 or so. I just know when the alarm goes off at 1.00, I get more interested in it. All I look for is if there is any increases. So far no.

taku wrote:

Again I checked the trees, shrubs, ground and much of the area. The levels are the same as they have been for the past 5 or 6 years here. NO Change

I do not think that background radiation is the biggest concern. The BIG concern to me is that ionizing radiation is getting into the food chain. Alpha and low level beta particles are more easily blocked, and do major damage to tissue. Kept outside the body, the hazard is minimized. Once into the body, then any cell, any organ, any tissue is at elevated risk of damage/destruction. The ocean is the source of all life on this planet. Poison the ocean and all life becomes poisoned. It is a big ocean and there are those that shout 'Low level', 'No risk', 'It is just a cycle', .... By the time it becomes known as a risk, the inertia is so great, there is really no stopping it. A few make billions, while the rest eat it. This is nothing new, the only thing new is that rich cannot avoid the effects forever. Radiation related illness dose is cumulative. It never goes away, it merely keeps adding onto itself.

taku wrote:

I do not think that background radiation is the biggest concern. The BIG concern to me is that ionizing radiation is getting into the food chain. Alpha and low level beta particles are more easily blocked, and do major damage to tissue. Kept outside the body, the hazard is minimized. Once into the body, then any cell, any organ, any tissue is at elevated risk of damage/destruction. The ocean is the source of all life on this planet. Poison the ocean and all life becomes poisoned. It is a big ocean and there are those that shout 'Low level', 'No risk', 'It is just a cycle', .... By the time it becomes known as a risk, the inertia is so great, there is really no stopping it. A few make billions, while the rest eat it. This is nothing new, the only thing new is that rich cannot avoid the effects forever. Radiation related illness dose is cumulative. It never goes away, it merely keeps adding onto itself.

We do check any fish we get from a store too. Especially surimi (sp) and octopus.

Sorry if this has already been commented on, but this is a long thread. I'm wondering if anyone has considered using prophylactic potassium iodide? Any medical experts, or anybody else, care to chime in on that idea? I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Sorry if this has already been commented on, but this is a long thread. I'm wondering if anyone has considered using prophylactic potassium iodide? Any medical experts, or anybody else, care to chime in on that idea? I'd appreciate your thoughts.

It is not going to help that much. Too many other side effects of radiation if it is that bad.
Better to try and avoid it to begin with. If you can.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top