JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This release of lethal levels of ionizing radiation is not a one time finite occurrence as I understand it, but an ongoing happening...

Recently I was at a seminar where Fukshima was one of the topics. The speaker, who seemed pretty knowledgeable about the situation, said things like "No stopping Fukashima...Northern Japan is 'finished'...Fukishima keeps 'giving'..." The West Coast, and especially Hawaii, are going to suffer too. It sounded like another reason for me to step up my plans to move east a state or two.

These people need help recovering the fuel rod assembly that is underwater & producing radiation due to being completely out of control
America has always been determined to be the leader in war, makes me wonder if we could try working together to actually attempt to help. These types of incidents are only going to multiply, as each country grows technologically. If I had kids I would fear for their future
The recent movie Elysium (I believe) seems to have a dif option, tho one I would hate to see.
Elysium (2013) Movie

Recently I was at a seminar where Fukshima was one of the topics. The speaker, who seemed pretty knowledgeable about the situation, said things like "No stopping Fukashima...Northern Japan is 'finished'...Fukishima keeps 'giving'..." The West Coast, and especially Hawaii, are going to suffer too. It sounded like another reason for me to step up my plans to move east a state or two.

Just don't eat fish and stay out of the ocean.

Just don't eat fish and stay out of the ocean.

And hope it doesn't rain, and that the wind will stop blowing the contamination to the west coast of the usa. We are bubblegumed. Have been since the multiple meltdowns. This gift will keep giving once the stored fuel catches on fire. No one will be able to get close enough to work on it, and machines malfunction from the dose.

Go out and take a walk in the clean air and blue sky.

be glad that you have today, and live it 100%.

Tomorrow is coming. You do not need to be a nuke physicist to figure out what will happen when TEPCO tries to remove the fuel rods in November. Oops!

Why is it the same people seem to be the ones that promoted nuclear power as safe are the same ones that promoted that global warming was a scam, and seem to be the ones that promote that universal health will bankrupt future generations?

Why is it the same people seem to be the ones that promoted nuclear power as safe are the same ones that promoted that global warming was a scam, and seem to be the ones that promote that universal health will bankrupt future generations?

Actually I got my health insurance quote for next month & my premium has a bit more than doubled. If I surrendered & paid them what they want the overall costs for all my insurance needs will exceed half what I gross a year & I'm not a Dr.
I actually checked out my health insurance costs online for 2014 using my subsidy from obamacare. Yes I am self-employed and since I am making under $20k a year I am eligible to purchase cigna insurance for $100s less than my no name health insurance will cost me. Not only that but for less than the $275/mo I was quoted on my lousy $4,000 deductable insurance where I then pay 20% of all med bills(after deductable is met) I now have, I can buy into the luxurious "Gold Plan" that will have a very low deductable plus pays 100% of all my future medical costs.
Now I just wonder which of you poor slobs will be paying for my subsidy? Well whoever it will be-Thanx. Looks like obamacare will save me thousands a year over what paying for my own insurance was supposed to cost me. Looks like being a white minority could start paying off for some of us

http://rt.com/news/fukushima-high-radioactivity-well-335/

Radioactivity levels in a well near a storage tank at the Fukushima nuclear power plant in Japan have risen immensely on Thursday, the plant's operator has reported.

Officials of the Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO) said on Friday they detected 400,000 becquerels per liter of beta ray-emitting radioactive substances - including strontium - at the site, a level 6,500 times higher than readings taken on Wednesday, NHK World reported.

The storage tank leaked over 300 tons of contaminated water in August, some of which is believed to have found its way into the sea through a ditch.

The well in question is about 10 meters from the tank and was dug to gauge leakage.

TEPCO said the findings show that radioactive substances like strontium have reached the groundwater. High levels of tritium, which transfers much easier in water than strontium, had already been detected.

Officials at TEPCO said they will remove any contaminated soil around the storage tank in an effort to monitor radioactivity levels of the water around the well.

The news comes after it has been reported a powerful typhoon which swept through Japan led to highly radioactive water near the crippled nuclear power plant being released into a nearby drainage ditch, increasing the risk of it flowing into the sea.

On Wednesday TEPCO said it had detected high levels of radiation in a ditch leading to the Pacific Ocean, and that it suspected heavy rains had lifted contaminated soil.
‘Decades-long problems being faced at Fukushima'

Robert Jacobs, a professor at Hiroshima Peace University, told RT the compounding problems at Fukushima Daiichi underscore one critical reality: no one really knows what to do.

"Nobody really knows how to solve the problems at Fukushima. There is nobody who has solutions. The problems at Fukushima are unprecedented, so even bringing in outside expertise, all that they can try to do is problem solve. There is no solution that other countries have that they can come in and fix the reactors, or rather, shut down the contamination, shut down the leaks."

Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's open request for advanced knowledge from overseas is a welcome step, as this will bring a higher degree of professionalism than Tepco has demonstrated since the crisis first erupted, Jacobs says. But even though, those experts will be at a loss to solve the immense problems they'll be facing for decades at Fukushima.
Even in the one area where Japan could potentially help contain the disaster, the authorities have wavered, Konstantin Simonov from the Moscow-based Fund for Energy Security told RT.

"Fukushima should be treated just like Chernobyl – as a wreck that must be retired and put in a sarcophagus, with radioactive waste slowly and thoroughly utilized. Why does the problem persist at Fukushima? Because they can't decide whether they want to close it or to keep it going."

Tokyo Electric Power Company in fact seems reluctant to shut down Fukushima for good. Tepco is in fact pushing to reopen its Kashiwazaki Kariwa facility – the world's largest nuclear power station – which itself was shut down in 2007 following reports of radioactive leaks in the wake of an earthquake.

In September, Japan announced its only operating nuclear reactor had been closed for maintenance, leaving the country with no nuclear power supply for only the second time in four decades.

Atomic power accounted for 30 percent of Japan's energy needs prior to the Fukushima disaster, and the country was forced to increase fossil fuel imports to make up for the deficit.

As a result, Japan become the world's largest importer of liquefied natural gas (LNG), prompting the world's third-largest-economy to post its first trade deficit since the second oil shock 31 years ago.

Under these circumstances, the crisis gripping Fukushima will not be the only factor in deciding the fate of the country's nuclear industry.

The reason the problem persists is because the japanese are very stubborn people & they don't want help, or are unable to ask for it.
They likely feel it would be dishonorable for them to ask, even tho they are consigning their people to horrible medical experiments by not doing everything possible to halt this. That fuel rod assembly that is still sustaining an uncontrollable nuclear reaction, that is out of reach on the bottom of the water is the current real problem. The rest can always be covered with cement & steel like the russians did.

It's bad enough to trust some people reproducing but letting them ruin the rest of the world is totally unacceptable

I read an interesting article (or saw a vid, can't remember) on the history of the Fukushima plant. It turns out that GE built plant #1 there back in the 60's. So ironically the bad decisions started long ago.

Peter

Google 'the ocean is broken'
Sad, depressing state of affairs.

In 2005 my wife and I took a "submarine" tour of the reef off Nassau the Bahamas. Deadest thing I have ever seen! We still hate remembering it.
I can only gut checking out this thread about every three days. Depressing is right!

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews