JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why We Can't Trust Anything TEPCO Says About Fukushima | Truthstream Media

Earlier this year, yachtsman Ivan Macfadyen sailed from Melbourne, Australia to Osaka, Japan, then on to San Francisco. He recounted his eerily quiet trip in the Newcastle Herald. As someone who had traveled the same route a decade earlier, Macfadyen's came back with his assessment — "The ocean is broken":

"After we left Japan, it felt as if the ocean itself was dead," Macfadyen said.
"We hardly saw any living things. We saw one whale, sort of rolling helplessly on the surface with what looked like a big tumour on its head. It was pretty sickening.
"I've done a lot of miles on the ocean in my life and I'm used to seeing turtles, dolphins, sharks and big flurries of feeding birds. But this time, for 3000 nautical miles there was nothing alive to be seen."

Scientists Warn of Extreme Risk: Greatest Short-term Threat to Humanity is From Fukushima Fuel Pools | Global Research

Award-winning scientist David Suzuki says that Fukushima is terrifying, Tepco and the Japanese government are lying through their teeth, and Fukushima is "the most terrifying situation I can imagine".

Suzuki notes that reactor 4 is so badly damaged that – if there's another earthquake of 7 or above – the building could come down. And the probability of another earthquake of 7 or above in the next 3 years is over 95%.

Suzuki says that he's seen a paper that says that if – in fact – the 4th reactor comes down, "it's bye bye Japan, and everyone on the West Coast of North America should evacuate. Now if that's not terrifying, I don't know what is."

Scientists Warn of Extreme Risk: Greatest Short-term Threat to Humanity is From Fukushima Fuel Pools | Global Research

Award-winning scientist David Suzuki says that Fukushima is terrifying, Tepco and the Japanese government are lying through their teeth, and Fukushima is "the most terrifying situation I can imagine".

Suzuki notes that reactor 4 is so badly damaged that – if there's another earthquake of 7 or above – the building could come down. And the probability of another earthquake of 7 or above in the next 3 years is over 95%.

Suzuki says that he's seen a paper that says that if – in fact – the 4th reactor comes down, "it's bye bye Japan, and everyone on the West Coast of North America should evacuate. Now if that's not terrifying, I don't know what is."

I don't know Burt, I get the feeling that ignoring this problem is about the most anyone is willing to do right now...

The guy in the video obviously has an axe to grind. Could be that he's like the rest of the nuclear professionals in the world and feels butthurt that he wasn't chosen to help resolve the problem? He needs to get over himself. TEPCO doesn't want any help.

The video is a public service overview, not detailed plans or operating procedures.

Could be that he wants to be on record saying that the plan is flawed so that he has credibility when something goes wrong.

I'm no fan of TEPCO but it's their mess to clean up. Let them get on with it and get the fuel out of the spent fuel pools and into dry cask storage. Yes, there are potentials for unplanned criticality. What do you think those chances are if the fuel is left in the pool? Just let them get their mess cleaned up.

The guy in the video obviously has an axe to grind. Could be that he's like the rest of the nuclear professionals in the world and feels butthurt that he wasn't chosen to help resolve the problem? He needs to get over himself. TEPCO doesn't want any help.

The video is a public service overview, not detailed plans or operating procedures.

Could be that he wants to be on record saying that the plan is flawed so that he has credibility when something goes wrong.

I'm no fan of TEPCO but it's their mess to clean up. Let them get on with it and get the fuel out of the spent fuel pools and into dry cask storage. Yes, there are potentials for unplanned criticality. What do you think those chances are if the fuel is left in the pool? Just let them get their mess cleaned up.

I'm no fan of TEPCO either, but I base my lack of fandom on facts. The sad fact
is TEPCO has had plenty of time to do something, anything to address this issue
and they aren't interested in wasting any of their profits on this or any other issue.
They are sadly bound to be sued out of existence, but not before the rest of us are
poisoned for life by this bs. It is just too bad that no Team America exists in real
life to right these wrongs--with swift & stupid violence to match the idiocy present

Argue if you dare, I'm sure that before long a suitable
3-eyed fish named "Blinky" can be arranged for you to
dine upon sans -Gov Burns & the simpson's

<broken link removed>

blinky makes his appearence at 2:17

Thing is with the bozo squad in japan polluting the world why do I hafta drive my vehicles down to get emission tested every year? Why does this country constantly need to keep losing revenue because the epa makes it hard for shops to colorize metal parts, when in china there is no epa & anyone can just go ahead & dump poison in the river? If the race is on to destroy whatever is left of this planet I want my fair share as well.

Screw the UN for not stepping in & forcing these people to take actual responsibility for this problem they made for everyone. In fact what exactly is the know-it-all UN doing to fix this, or isn't this one of their worries?
cuz we are stupid sheep waiting for the slaughter.

I worked in emergency preparedness, specifically in response to radiation releases from nuclear power plants. The situation is not good in Japan, but we never got more than about 2x background radiation here in the US.

The Hanford site is an issue that will not be going away. Those storage tanks are well beyond their service life. They will be an Oregon/ Washington problem. That material will find its way to the Columbia river. The Hanford site * should have been built * in the desert, in an area of low water tables and low rainfall, assuming it should ever have been built.

And, the material at Hanford is far more toxic than what has been released in Japan.

http://rt.com/news/fukushima-radiation-record-outdoor-912/

Outdoor radiation levels have reached their highest at Japan's Fukushima nuclear plant,warns the operator company.Radiation found in an area near a steel pipe that connects reactor buildings could kill an exposed person in 20 minutes,local media reported.

However, you WILL NOT see such a story reported here in the good ol' free USA. Our media isn't completely filtered and controlled, oh no.

Maybe it's time to look for a transfer from Intel in Hillsboro to Intel in Arizona. Sounds like the West coast is gonna get boned pretty soon if things don't go right, and I have no faith in them doing anything right over in that Charlie Foxtrot.

I guess the plan to reduce the population is happening quicker than planned???? GE power plants and GE owned press. Will there be truth? All that matters is the bottom line. A few million eaters die slowly and painfully from cancers big deal eh!

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews