JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Damn it to hell. Yes..I thought the guy was a joke! I couldn't resist..giving any and all that hunts, fish, clam digs, or any of the outdoor types would surely respond.

This last seasons run of fish up the Puyallup river,.(167/ IE:River Rd)...if it were allowed... would have been bumper to bumper on the sides by the angling masses. It was near elbow to elbow and a fishermans frenzy!! I managed to get a few in my freezer...along with some nice Moss-Back razors :D

Given how Gov't over-regulation has made it harder and harder to access many places from our forests to our shorelines, and many formerly easy access areas are now, or are being, closed to activities or require limited permits and fee payments to use them (or small parts of them). Also, how the people who still like to fish, hunt, camp out, or just go for a Sunday drive with the kids and grandparents are being vilified for everything from habitat destruction to overuse to stealing public land. More and more people are being forced into fewer and fewer areas that are getting smaller and smaller.
Simple things like taking the family fishing is being priced and permitted to the point that many families and individuals can't afford it or simply can't be bothered.

The result of pushing people away from the outdoors is that they are creating a population that knows nothing about the wild outdoors, never camped, never fished, never hunted, never tramped through the woods, never drove on a forest road, waded a stream, climbed a hill, walked on a shore or saw a tide pool. The result is, there will be nobody that knows the truth. If told that the pacific coast is devoid of life, the rocks catching fire and fish are growing feathers...they'll believe it...because the only shore they've seen is in a picture, the only rock they've seen is behind glass, and the only fish they've ever held was in a can.

Years ago my Dad decided to get rid of his camping gear because he was fed up with being crowded into fewer places with more people...
...He called it "concentration camping".

Last Edited:
Damn it to hell. Yes..I thought the guy was a joke! I couldn't resist..giving any and all that hunts, fish, clam digs, or any of the outdoor types would surely respond.

This last seasons run of fish up the Puyallup river,.(167/ IE:River Rd)...if it were allowed... would have been bumper to bumper on the sides by the angling masses. It was near elbow to elbow and a fishermans frenzy!! I managed to get a few in my freezer...along with some nice Moss-Back razors :D

Seriously, what is Soooooo appealing to go "combat" fishing. I would really like to fish and catch a steelhead or two. But won't for that reason. Can you imagine deer hunting like that. Then somebodies line crosses somebody else and then a fight starts while you are trying to enjoy a fishing trip.
I can not fish like this.

-15c2b1636812cac4_zpsp1cpbzer.jpg 119nrrs_zpsgey28a0x.jpg DSCN1681_zpsqucfhr2j.jpg river_centeroftown_zpsmbfll9qd.jpg

As is usual with many people, the maker of this commits the fallacy of believing that history began with them. I am certain that this wildlife "die off" is only the "worst ever in history" only since they were born. I do not doubt that it may be bad, but to say it is the worst is someone getting a case of the vapors.

St. Helens eruption blew up a large chunk of PNW land, taking off the top of a mountain and laying waste to entire populations of wild game.

The eruption of Krakatoa was the loudest sound ever recorded (from oceans away) and left a 15 foot deep layer of pumice stone floating in the ocean around what was the island. My guess is the shock wave traveling through the air across/underwater destroyed a good portion of the wildlife in the immediate blast zone.

And don't forget the death of dinosaurs somewhere in our earth's history.

These are just three of at least a dozen events of great magnitude that happened before everyone could record their life and times with an iPhone or a Go Pro camera.

The Tunguska event was a large explosion that occurred near the Stony Tunguska River, in Yeniseysk Governorate, now Krasnoyarsk Krai, Russian Empire, on the morning of 30 June 1908 (N.S.).[1][2] The explosion over the sparsely populated Eastern Siberian Taiga flattened 2,000 km2 (770 sq mi) of forest and caused no known casualties. The cause of the explosion is generally thought to have been a meteor. It is classified as an impact event, even though no impact crater has been found; the meteor is thought to have burst in mid-air at an altitude of 5 to 10 kilometres (3 to 6 miles) rather than hit the surface of the Earth.[3] Different studies have yielded varying estimates of the superbolide's size, on the order of 60 to 190 metres (200 to 620 feet), depending on whether the meteor was a comet or a denser asteroid.[4] It is considered the largest impact event on Earth in recorded history.

How much wildlife do you think this destroyed?

Seriously, what is Soooooo appealing to go "combat" fishing. I would really like to fish and catch a steelhead or two. But won't for that reason. Can you imagine deer hunting like that. Then somebodies line crosses somebody else and then a fight starts while you are trying to enjoy a fishing trip.
I can not fish like this.

LOL the guy in the first picture looking up looks like Micheal Moore LOL

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews