JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You can get used bras at the Goodwill for like fiddy cents..

lolz

IMG_0638.JPG

View attachment 396164

Six weeks of working a dozen or so about every other night - finally finished with this bunch of 7.62 LC Match. Switching over to .223 tomorrow.
I hate trimming cases. My least favorite task. FYI I found a much easier way to trim.
I use the WFT trimmer in 223, 308 and 30/06. Fast accurate trim with very little to
chamfer and debur. Little Crow Gunworks World's Finest Trimmer 243 - MPN: WFT308
I have 1100 7.62 LC Match to start processing.:eek: Just prepped 300- 223 brass in one evening.

The glasses are more for reading the head stamps. My eyes are pretty good but not what they once were.
Yeah the headstamps are hard to focus. I have poor eyesight without glasses and have bifocals. With the difference between my eyes and and astigmatism it's a wonder I can see at all. I have an Optometrist who makes my prescription good for distance shooting, and good for reading, but mid range is difficult and headstamps at arms length are hard to decipher. I probably need a trifocal but I don't wanna. I hate tilting my head to see all the time.

u do when u beer bong the whole pack.

when i was 19 or 20, a buddy of mine did 11 coors lights at once in 17seconds. i have the video of it somewhere. its impressive.
Did he die from water poisoning?

Yeah the headstamps are hard to focus. I have poor eyesight without glasses and have bifocals. With the difference between my eyes and and astigmatism it's a wonder I can see at all. I have an Optometrist who makes my prescription good for distance shooting, and good for reading, but mid range is difficult and headstamps at arms length are hard to decipher. I probably need a trifocal but I don't wanna. I hate tilting my head to see all the time.
My bifocal reading lenses are too weak to read case heads. There is 1.25 difference between my two eyes. I go to goodwill, buy two sets, one is 3.50 and the other is 2.25, pop the lens out of each and put it in. Throw away the unused lenses, keep the frames in case I break the frame. I'll have 5-6 pair around the house, of which 2 or 3 are on my bench. Need to go get a few more - lost two pair on a business trip this week and crushed one while camping this weekend....

Last Friday morning, before heading to work, working up 7-08 loads for two new bullets to test before hunting. Bench is a mess.
upload_2017-10-9_10-30-58.jpeg

Did he die from water poisoning?

My bifocal reading lenses are too weak to read case heads. There is 1.25 difference between my two eyes. I go to goodwill, buy two sets, one is 3.50 and the other is 2.25, pop the lens out of each and put it in. Throw away the unused lenses, keep the frames in case I break the frame. I'll have 5-6 pair around the house, of which 2 or 3 are on my bench. Need to go get a few more - lost two pair on a business trip this week and crushed one while camping this weekend....

Last Friday morning, before heading to work, working up 7-08 loads for two new bullets to test before hunting. Bench is a mess.
View attachment 396491
I can't shoot with both eyes open anymore. I can never tell which set of fuzzy sights and targets are the right set:p. I have to close my left eye and squint just like the old westerns. Thank goodness I'm right eye dominant and it's the better of the two.

I can't shoot with both eyes open anymore. I can never tell which set of fuzzy sights and targets are the right set:p. I have to close my left eye and squint just like the old westerns. Thank goodness I'm right eye dominant and it's the better of the two.
I'm wonky - left eye dominant, right handed. Started shooting as a lefty, and my accuracy and repeatability improved noticeably.

My eyes are old and ugly too. Used to have exceptional sight so am not very happy with it. Lots of retinopathy work and surgeries........that said, I am old and must be too affluent. I refuse to reload anything smaller than 44 Magnum or any inexpensive military type ammunition. Even 9mm is too small for my fat fingers and old eyes. When reloading hunting ammo (that is what I do most) I tickle and weigh each powder charge to the closest tolerance possible. So, if anyone needs 223, 7.62X51, or 9mm once fired brass, I probably have a bucket of it somewhere you are welcome to.

My eyes are old and ugly too. Used to have exceptional sight so am not very happy with it. Lots of retinopathy work and surgeries........that said, I am old and must be too affluent. I refuse to reload anything smaller than 44 Magnum or any inexpensive military type ammunition. Even 9mm is too small for my fat fingers and old eyes. When reloading hunting ammo (that is what I do most) I tickle and weigh each powder charge to the closest tolerance possible. So, if anyone needs 223, 7.62X51, or 9mm once fired brass, I probably have a bucket of it somewhere you are welcome to.
So when the .44 gets too small you move to-->>.50 and then? 20mm? Lol I'm all for it if you can manage the recoil.

So when the .44 gets too small you move to-->>.50 and then? 20mm? Lol I'm all for it if you can manage the recoil.
Sounds like a plan........but I think it is more a fingers and economic thing. I still use a rockchucker press and loading tinny bullet 5.56 ammo has always made my fingers hurt from being pinched between the die and casing. They are so cheep, there is little cost saving to reloading them. I load all my 378 WM, 7mm mag, 308 hunting ammo, 6.5X55, some others and most of my 44 mag ammo but today, we can get the quality bullets you used to have to reload for in factory ammo so other than cost savings, there isn't as much need to reload. It is a little like building an airplane, I have picked up several corpses that were great craftsmen, built great airplanes but confused the skill of flying to building them. It is a very different skill. So, are you a hunter, shooter or reloader....all the skills don't always intersect.

I hate trimming too. I have an RCBS pro trimmer, but damm..... cranking that handle on a ga-jillion brass cases gets beyond tedious. I just ordered the Frankfort trimmer and prep station. I am now processing brass for myself, my son, and SIL.... Cranking on a box of brass is one thing, but this last session i had a pile of shavings i could have melted down and cast another case o_O:eek:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top