Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Fox Pro Users?

Discussion in 'Northwest Hunting' started by OFADAN, Nov 10, 2009.

1. OFADAN

OFADAN Brownsville, OR Well-Known Member

I've got a Fox Pro I use on the east side for Yotes. I know what calls work best and when.

How 'bout this side of the Cascade? What calls work best over here or what should I try first? I'll be hunting on a 1200 acre sheep and cattle ranch with rollling hills of oak and fir. I thought about the distressed fawn or cottontail cry. But am open to those who have been successful over on the west/wet side!

Thanks.:thumbup:

2. varmiter

varmiter orchards wa. Member

If you know there are a resident group I like a welcome call followed by a challenge call in about five min. and then mabey a mouth howl or cotten tail and good luck.

3. Scott

Scott Battle Ground Well-Known Member

I have a Scorpian and FX3. I would use a locator or distress call. I always use a locator in a new area and have good luck. If they don't answer then I use a pup in distress or fawn.

Scott

4. Twodogs

Twodogs portland Or Active Member

I do alot better on the west side with coyote vocals or bird sounds.
    My hand calls seem to work very well also with more of a fawn bawl kind of sound.

Twodogs

5. chiefchip

chiefchip Rainier, Oregon Member

6. johnboy

johnboy Hillsboro Member

Foxpro should have sheep sounds if the owner is losing them to dogs. If owner is not losing sheep, bird sounds at higher volume work,and fawn bleat but have found the West side to be more difficult. East no problem...good luck and should call a little longer west I have found.....