JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I am looking at ordering a firestorm from Foxpro or all predator calls. I can have them programmed with 50 sounds. I will be hunting eastern washington potholes area for coyotes New Years weekend. What would you guys recommend? Whats the common prey over there? It really is hard to pick out 50 of the right sounds.:s0112:

Lets get the ideas coming in so I can order this thing tomorrow. Also, any recommendations on who to get the call from, or wat acessories to get with it? Battery/charger, carry bag, etc......??

Let me know

I have an older foxpro and anything in distress works, rabbit,deer,misc birds,coyote. Foxpro on there website has all their calls take a look write down the ones you want so when you order the caller you can let them know what ones you want and if I remember right with the newer ones you can simply go to their site and down load new call right to your caller (remove one and replace it with new one) if I remember correctly.

when i first started coyote hunting i had to have every darn call that i saw someone kill a dog with. 2 years later i now only use two calls distress and a howler that will do both female and male sounds. i have an e caller and have never used it. save your money for gas, and a guided hunt you will learn more in 1 day than a couple years buy yourself. pm me for more info

Mojo critters are pretty affective, however so is a stick with a feather tied to it.

The first few years I hunted predators down in Arizona I purchased every single new thing that anyone, anywhere said existed. Much like prkrgrp stated about sounds on callers, in the end you will fall into a habit of what works for you and you feel comfortable with and that will be that.

I had the opportunity to hunt with Jay Nistetter, foxpro field staffer at the time and owner of Rhino calls. He has also made a few predator DVD's that some of you may have seen. Being new to calling and wet behind the ears but full of enthusiasm Jay asked me to tell him all the rules about hunting coyotes I knew. After I spouted 20 or so things I thought for sure were laws, he said some of those sound good but lets prove the others wrong. We then spent the next day and half calling over 10 coyotes breaking most of the things I had learned from others as rules.

From all the people I have hunted with, talked to and learned from I took from them what worked for me and made it my way.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top