JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Went to Four Corners in Salem this morning to sight in a couple of my rifles.
Really a nice bunch of guys out there helping on the firing line. They had a nice range set up for sight in plus 200yd. range and a running deer to shoot as part of the $6.00 per gun fee. Bore sighting and spotting was also available.
Thinking real serious about joining the club seems to be pretty well organized but not too big for the club members to get plenty of range time.
Check it out if you need to sight in, every weekend thru September.

Good Day Gents.....

I agree ARPC has more shooting areas and is a very well run operation.................But it also has way too many activities from outside sources going on at most times. Seems you have to plan your shooting times around the other uses. I'm kind of a spur of the moment guy when it comes to shooting.
Certainly not knocking ARPC in any way though, great club and they do a lot for the community and shooting fans.
Just a small town shooter I guess.
Have a great day..........

Went to Four Corners in Salem this morning to sight in a couple of my rifles.
Really a nice bunch of guys out there helping on the firing line. They had a nice range set up for sight in plus 200yd. range and a running deer to shoot as part of the $6.00 per gun fee. Bore sighting and spotting was also available.
Thinking real serious about joining the club seems to be pretty well organized but not too big for the club members to get plenty of range time.
Check it out if you need to sight in, every weekend thru September.

Good Day Gents.....

I was a member for a couple of years. They are nice guys and if all you want to do is shoot rifles or pistols it is fine. They did away with their trap range and all shotgun sports while I was a member. If they are back now that would be good, but the issue was the neighbors.

It is my understanding the club is in negotiations to buy another of the pieces of property that boarder the club as a way to increase the buffer zone as well as to have another source of income.

As to ARPC being better well they are a different club and have different facilities.

I like Four Corners and with them barely 20min from home and on my way home from work the location is hard to beat for me

For me it is the restriction to shooting only paper at 4 Corners. It's fine for sighting in sights, but it is so much more fun to shoot things that react and/or make noise. Also, being able to only have 5 rounds in a rifle mag is silly.

ARPC has full auto shoots. Don't know of any other club in the valley that lets you shoot full auto.

I agree with Sparky. I was a member there and the rules are ridiculous. I have no problem with safety rules, but mag limits, no thanks. I also kind of got the feeling it was a bit of a good ol' boys club.

Lot's of good points and reasons for one or the other. Got to weigh out my needs and wants I guess. I'm kind of a basic target shooter and like the idea that Four Corners is quite a bit closer for me.
Hey, there is good in both..........Thanks for the input.
Good day Gents.

What reason do they give for restricting magazie capacity? I was going to apply for membership but not if I can't load the magazine to full capacity. I would understand it if the magazines were illegal.

What reason do they give for restricting magazie capacity? I was going to apply for membership but not if I can't load the magazine to full capacity. I would understand it if the magazines were illegal.

I have no clue as to the reason for a five round limit in the magazine, but that is definitely the rule. I had to purchase special clips to fire my Garand there. It doesn't matter if the magazine is legal or not, the five round rule is in effect.

Last I heard there were only a few membership slots open as we had reached the 1000 regular paid member limit. Not including associates and juniors etc. But that could have changed after the new membership year started July 1st.

Handguns have a 10 round limit, which is more realistic and the standard round count for the majority of .22LR handguns.

Sounds like they think they are a few hundred miles south from where they are. I looked into 4c last year and decided to join the ARPC. and now with the new rifle ranges coming, i am glad I did.

four corners is a great group of guys I go every year to make sure im right on target. but is a great day to spend a day and the running bucks a lot of fun have walked away with a free hat last 6 years for hitting the eye of the running buck :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top