JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Can I ask what is unique ( for lack of a better word)about the Sawyer vs other systems.
I know therre are other systems out there.
This seems to have a couple added parts
Is it a higher capacity? Better filter - filters out? Because it can be configured a specific way?
I see some larger capacity filters that seem alot cheaper. Some are a hook up betwwen a collapseable bucket - through an inline filter and into the final reservoir.

its is a very efficient system that wiil last a million gallons basically a lifetime you can backwash and does a lot of water quickly uses a dialysis system i believe and filter down to .02

its is a very efficient system that wiil last a million gallons basically a lifetime you can backwash and does a lot of water quickly uses a dialysis system i believe and filter down to .02

this was my reasoning. we live in an area where chemical contaminants are not a big concern[very rural,mountainous].i bought this for long turn shtf not bakpacking. it's ability to filter upwards of a million gals, if used properly,filters out 99.9% bacteria and viruses, non mechanical,backflushable.it has a good track record in third world countries,which this country is one financial miss step from.the flow rate is a little deceiving. hooked up to a 5gal bucket is slow but acceptable.i opted for the bucket kit so i can hook to a barrel,bucket or other containers..02 microns is a very fine filter.any silt or debris will clog it quickly.this can be solved by prefiltering water with something as simple as a tshirt.just my twisted logic

Thanks
Yep prefilters help a lot

If you are in rainy region. PLastic tarp directing run off into a barrel - Putting filter on top - 3 layer - larger debris , mosquito netting?, and as you said - somthing like a nylon material - not sure I would want cotton - at least not for an extended period.
I could see having barrel with the spigot about an inch or so off the botton to allo some sediment items to drop to the bottom - clean out at times. Or pump it out and have intake that sits about an inch below the top of the water - avoid stuff on top.

One of the issues I have played with - using a filter and then storing it. What is the best way. And when you use it again - is it still good? I think many recommend a very duilte chlorox flush and then air dry the memebrane for many days. Reflush it as you start to use it.
I may check intot he back flushing idea.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top