JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Have some of these big white ones inthe yard under the cherry tree. What are they? They are about 10-12" in diameter and grow in twos, both coming from the same spot. It's not paper birch mushrooms cuz those look like light brown pancakes and are a little bigger and don't grow in twos and don't have that ridge on the stem. View attachment 761733
It looks like something in the Agaricus family, but that's not enough to decide whether it's good eating. You'd need to post up more info and photos. Do a spore print, break off a piece and see how it changes color, describe the smell, etc. There's a pretty good group on Facebook called the PNW Mushroom Social Club that would be a good place to ask this question.

I learned to pick mushrooms from Paul Staments .

(Kidding)

For quite few years before Dad passed, for Christmas, I'd get him one of the mushroom "Cakes" from Fungi Perfecti.

I see now they quit selling them. Dad was crazy for mushroom hunting. We lived in UTAH! :s0140: He did have Pleurotus (shelf fungi/oyster mushroom), from dead cotton woods, available and gathered a lot and bottled them. I got my desire from him and moving to Oregon was great for that. I've been picking and identifying for the better part of 50 years.

1602701656351.png

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top