found sawyer filters in stock $109 shipped

Reactions
Can I ask what is unique ( for lack of a better word)about the Sawyer vs other systems.
I know therre are other systems out there.
This seems to have a couple added parts
Is it a higher capacity? Better filter - filters out? Because it can be configured a specific way?
I see some larger capacity filters that seem alot cheaper. Some are a hook up betwwen a collapseable bucket - through an inline filter and into the final reservoir.

Reactions
its is a very efficient system that wiil last a million gallons basically a lifetime you can backwash and does a lot of water quickly uses a dialysis system i believe and filter down to .02

OP
packman
Reactions
its is a very efficient system that wiil last a million gallons basically a lifetime you can backwash and does a lot of water quickly uses a dialysis system i believe and filter down to .02
this was my reasoning. we live in an area where chemical contaminants are not a big concern[very rural,mountainous].i bought this for long turn shtf not bakpacking. it's ability to filter upwards of a million gals, if used properly,filters out 99.9% bacteria and viruses, non mechanical,backflushable.it has a good track record in third world countries,which this country is one financial miss step from.the flow rate is a little deceiving. hooked up to a 5gal bucket is slow but acceptable.i opted for the bucket kit so i can hook to a barrel,bucket or other containers..02 microns is a very fine filter.any silt or debris will clog it quickly.this can be solved by prefiltering water with something as simple as a tshirt.just my twisted logic

Reactions
Thanks
Yep prefilters help a lot

If you are in rainy region. PLastic tarp directing run off into a barrel - Putting filter on top - 3 layer - larger debris , mosquito netting?, and as you said - somthing like a nylon material - not sure I would want cotton - at least not for an extended period.
I could see having barrel with the spigot about an inch or so off the botton to allo some sediment items to drop to the bottom - clean out at times. Or pump it out and have intake that sits about an inch below the top of the water - avoid stuff on top.

One of the issues I have played with - using a filter and then storing it. What is the best way. And when you use it again - is it still good? I think many recommend a very duilte chlorox flush and then air dry the memebrane for many days. Reflush it as you start to use it.
I may check intot he back flushing idea.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Lead Farm Precision Rifle Match
The Lead Farm
34006 Gwinn Rd, Prosser, WA 99350, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Sportsman's Warehouse - Albany
    5.00 star(s)
    Good products at good prices with friendly and knowledgeable staff!
    We like to visit the Albany location as it's closer but have been to several others and they have all been great!:D
  • Umpqua Survival
    4.00 star(s)
    Easy NFA transfer
    I had a silencer transferred through their shop. The paperwork was quick and the staff helpful and friendly. Whilst waiting, I did see a nice...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome staff
    Being new to the area and having just made an online purchase of an AR lower, I opted to use MK Tactical as my FFL, without knowing anything about...
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
Top Bottom