JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Can I ask what is unique ( for lack of a better word)about the Sawyer vs other systems.
I know therre are other systems out there.
This seems to have a couple added parts
Is it a higher capacity? Better filter - filters out? Because it can be configured a specific way?
I see some larger capacity filters that seem alot cheaper. Some are a hook up betwwen a collapseable bucket - through an inline filter and into the final reservoir.

its is a very efficient system that wiil last a million gallons basically a lifetime you can backwash and does a lot of water quickly uses a dialysis system i believe and filter down to .02

its is a very efficient system that wiil last a million gallons basically a lifetime you can backwash and does a lot of water quickly uses a dialysis system i believe and filter down to .02

this was my reasoning. we live in an area where chemical contaminants are not a big concern[very rural,mountainous].i bought this for long turn shtf not bakpacking. it's ability to filter upwards of a million gals, if used properly,filters out 99.9% bacteria and viruses, non mechanical,backflushable.it has a good track record in third world countries,which this country is one financial miss step from.the flow rate is a little deceiving. hooked up to a 5gal bucket is slow but acceptable.i opted for the bucket kit so i can hook to a barrel,bucket or other containers..02 microns is a very fine filter.any silt or debris will clog it quickly.this can be solved by prefiltering water with something as simple as a tshirt.just my twisted logic

Thanks
Yep prefilters help a lot

If you are in rainy region. PLastic tarp directing run off into a barrel - Putting filter on top - 3 layer - larger debris , mosquito netting?, and as you said - somthing like a nylon material - not sure I would want cotton - at least not for an extended period.
I could see having barrel with the spigot about an inch or so off the botton to allo some sediment items to drop to the bottom - clean out at times. Or pump it out and have intake that sits about an inch below the top of the water - avoid stuff on top.

One of the issues I have played with - using a filter and then storing it. What is the best way. And when you use it again - is it still good? I think many recommend a very duilte chlorox flush and then air dry the memebrane for many days. Reflush it as you start to use it.
I may check intot he back flushing idea.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top