Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

found a large supply of 22lr available today...

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by mcneal9926, Jan 22, 2013.

1. mcneal9926

mcneal9926 Oregon Active Member

So, against my better judgment I went to the Gun Room on Foster (polymer haters). As I walked in I noticed an entire shelf of 22lr bricks. The price was a little higher than I would normally pay, but you know the stores, so....

Just wanted to share, plus if you go in, you get to hear all the reasons polymer is terrible. Also the had a black killer, and a pile of mags, not sure what cal, but they had several of them.

Enjoy......I did. Got 2 boxes of 500.

novamind and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Was the 22LR over $20/500?

3. Kruejl

Kruejl Hillsboro Moderator of the Coriolis effect Staff Member Gold Supporter Silver Supporter

Brand? Load? Need more info :)

4. gehrheart

gehrheart fidalgo island Well-Known Member

Well in this day and age of empty shelves this does indeed say something about how much traffic this place gets...
    Never been in there.. and from what I have heard dont plan on going there (be a long drive) but to me, this would indicate an aweful store with no traffic as any one that had traffic is out..
    Just saying..

5. Kruejl

Kruejl Hillsboro Moderator of the Coriolis effect Staff Member Gold Supporter Silver Supporter

Northwest Armory had some last weekend. Remington Golden's. $35/brick with one per person.

6. nehalemguy

nehalemguy Vernonia Well-Known Member

I'd figure out how to manufacture .22lr using beer cans, tire weights and wooden matches before I would give Warren or any of the Lacass clan a nickle.

E

7. mcneal9926

$40/500, but all I could find around here was at Fishermans, and they were sell 50 round boxes for 4 bucks each, and you could only buy 3...I know it is high, but I couldn't find any anywhere else in bulk.

8. mcneal9926

Blazer 40gr.

9. mcneal9926

Blazer 40g.

10. mcneal9926

I went there today, they had everything else, but only 22lr in CCI

11. mcneal9926

Yeah, I can see why. $350 for a used 10/22, and his comment was "if YOU Guys" would quit buying it all blah blah blah. They were having a counseling session when I went in about how some guy shot a Glock at the range, and the thing exploded, and they couldn't even find the pieces....

Like magic.

12. mcneal9926

Yup their poor service ad terrible reputation supplied m with some overpriced 22lr ammo. 2nd time I have been there, it looks like a swap meet bred with a dusty storage unit in there....

13. Kruejl

Not surprised. The Golden's were maybe 8 bricks strong when I got mine.

14. nehalemguy

nehalemguy Vernonia Well-Known Member

Well, at least you found some so thumbs up for that. :thumbup:

mcneal9926 and (deleted member) like this.
  15. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

I thought that would have been their price before the run on things. Reviews of the place are one of the more entertaining reads on the site if you haven't seen it. It's lengthy but worth reading. http://www.northwestfirearms.com/oregon-reviews/59-gun-room.html

16. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

I went to The Gun Room a very long time ago. I think I bought a fine new rifle there. I got a bad feel/vibe as I recall. never went back and honestly, don't intend to

17. Velzey

Velzey Estacada, Oregon Gunsmith Gunsmith Bronze Vendor Bronze Supporter

Warren has made plans to be buried with the store contents.....

18. Oregonhunter5

Oregonhunter5 2C IDAHO Well-Known Member

Anything over 25.00 for a brick is highway robbery.
    Just hold off, prices will lower then

19. pdx lefty

pdx lefty portland Active Member

Amen! When i first moved up here, before NWFA was online, i made the mistake of going to a place called "The Gun Room" looking for a holster for a handgun. Long story short, after 30 seconds of the Glock rant i just walked out. I wouldn't go back if they were giving stuff away!

Lefty.

20. teflon97239

teflon97239 Portland, OR Well-Known Member

I'm not conflicted the slightest bit about that narrowminded loudmouth Gun Room pantload still selling ammo today.

Not playing.

This thread does nothing for me beyond confirming that even when that pr*ck with ears is the only show in town with ammo... he still has inventory. Speaks volumes.

Guys... ride this out, if you can, and let him stare at his overpriced inventory - gathering dust on the shelf next to all those 200% priced Colts.

A**hole.

1stklass and (deleted member) like this.