JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been unable to open the site from home (Comcast) since the website went down a week+ ago. TRACERT shows it getting out to liquidweb.com...but them timing out.

If any of the forum admin's could help with this, please shoot me a pm -- I can forward the TRACERT log report with details.

Thanks,
Bill

What operating system are you using?

If Windows, open a command prompt window (find it in the Start Menu,) and type "ipconfig /flushdns" then hit 'Enter'. After it says "Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache", type "Exit" and hit 'Enter' to close the window.
If Mac OS, open a terminal window (find it in Applications -> Utilities) and type "dscacheutil -flushcache" then hit 'Enter'. Then go to the 'Terminal' menu and choose 'Quit' to close the window.

And post back if that worked. Also look up taking a look at your hosts file. If I wasn't on my phone I'd provide instrcuctions like Charon did. Some maleware does other things.

If you're not blocking ads or something else it should be empty.

I like helping with this type of stuff. Feel free to pm me and I'll try to help you (may take a day or two due to my work schedule). I've got a background in computing support and network administration.

I'm using Windows Vista. Site worked falwlessly until the viral e-storm and hack event a couple weeks ago shut the site down for a few days. I will try these and let you know -- thanks!

I believe some IP addresses are still blocked; I had a friend with a similar issue, he could get through using a proxy but when trying through his own IP, he couldn't. I got a message to Joe for him and Joe got it fixed.

I tried the ipconfig /flushdns -- no change. If anyone knows the site administrator and could get an e-mail to him/her, I'd appreciate it. I have sent a couple e-mails to their mailbox, but no response.

Thanks

It's probably the firewall on the NWFA server. Lots of web-facing hosts use an automated fireall (like ConfigServer) that blocks IPs based on perceived threats.

The one on NWFA does not work very well - my home address was blocked for several weeks until I was able to reach Joe.

That's really your only recourse.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top