JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking to build an AR 15 SBR and was wondering what the benefits and drawbacks were from either submitting a form 1 for a lower that I currently own or by purchasing a lower specifically marked for an SBR and submitting a form 4.

Thanks for the help!

potentially less wait with a form 1, as you don't need to wait for the transfer between dealers. other than that, it doesn't really matter.. costs the same, is the same violation to your constitutional rights.. if you "make" it yourself, you make it how you want it.. if you buy, you get what's available.

I see no advantage one way or the other. Resale on an SBR is going to be low unless you sell it in state because there would be a second tax for out of state.

What is the price of a "factory" SBR lower vs the price of your lower + engraving?

The factory SBR lower that I am looking at will cost about $150-200 more then if I did a form 1 for a lower that I already own however I do need to hassle with getting it engraved. I was mostly interested in whether or not there seemed to be a time frame difference in getting the forms approved however it appears as though they will both take the same amount of time. Thank you for the replies!

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top