JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a XD-40 sub-compact with 3" barrel and 9 shot mag. Looking back I wish I had gotten the XD-9 SC instead; more shots and I only use Glaser Safety Slugs anyway. My N82 IWB works great or I use my 511 holster shirt (had to halfway safety-pin shut the bottom Velcro to keep it from dropping my gun). 9mm ammo is cheaper practice than larger cals and gives more shots per mag anyway: modern ammo like Glasers gives top performance and easy shooting 9mm gives more hits anyway. Any gun is just a tool; the XD has a "grip-safety" and a Glock-like "STR" trigger for consistent/easy trigger pulls. If you want a slimmer gun get the XDs-9 instead. Really compact guns are harder to handle and easier to drop/fail-to-deploy so the XDs or XD sub-compact sizes are really an advantage. Great loaded-chamber indicator, striker-cocking indicator, muzzle protector, grip-safety, fully supported chamber, front and rear dovetail sights, optional night-sights, truly ambidextrous mag release, metal recoil spring guide, easy disassembly, tough as nails and reliable as gravity.... not much more to ask for.

So my question to you is:
What do you carry and why did you choose it?
Do you prefer single stack or a double stack for better capacity?

I have a somewhat active job so I can't carry anything much, if at all, bigger than my m&p.

Thanks for the input.

G29, I chose it because I love the 10mm and wanted one for a woods carry when hunting , can convert it to a 20 with extended barrel and a 20 mag and in stock form can CC it no problem......I am a reloader so I can load full power the way Norma intended and the 10 has a great many option for a reloader

Prefer a double stack because you never know how many you will need and I can miss more lol

it is thicker and heavier than an M&P though, worth it to me

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top