JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, if you look at your OED claim status and it says there is a problem with your weekly claim, don't panic. Keep filing. The OED is apparently switching everybody over to the federal extensions. Some people are already getting the extra $300, but many are not and see the problem message.

Give it to the end of the week. The OED is probably overwhelmed now because of their archaic computer systems.

Thanks Heretic.

I received a letter last Friday showing that I have exhausted my UI. I filled on Sunday, but have not received any payment this week. The claim status shows there is a problem. I imagine that I am just one of many that have run out of UI. I'll post again if or when I get paid so others know.

Yes - I got the "there is a problem" when I filed Sunday and it said I could expect a letter. From what I have read a lot of people are in this state.

tenor.gif

I received a letter from the UI office saying that no payment was made for 12/27/2020-0102/2021 because I have received all benefits payable. I'll continue to enter the jobs I apply for, and I will let you guys know if and when i get paid.

I received a letter from the UI office saying that no payment was made for 12/27/2020-0102/2021 because I have received all benefits payable. I'll continue to enter the jobs I apply for, and I will let you guys know if and when i get paid.

A lot of people are getting those letters now. I just got one and I expect another (apparently they are sent out for each week after PEUC expired last year). Just keep filing and be patient. OED said they will fix it this week, but here it is Friday so who knows.

This is my last week filing - at least for a while. I have a contract gig - self-employed and I start Monday.

Dear claimant,
We have identified a problem with state and federal tax withholdings on your PUA claim. Unfortunately, state and federal tax withholding amounts were switched.

Customers who selected only federal withholding had state taxes withheld and those funds were sent to the Oregon Department of Revenue instead of the IRS. Those who selected only state withholding had federal taxes withheld and those funds were sent to the IRS instead of the Oregon Department of Revenue.

As a reminder, state taxes are withheld at 6% and federal taxes at 10%.

We have resolved the issue before issuing any additional weeks of benefit payments.

We are not able to reverse where the taxes have been sent, because the information has already been submitted to the IRS and the Department of Revenue (DOR). You DO NOT need to take any additional steps. Please note that your 1099 will correctly reflect the information submitted to the IRS and DOR.

Read more about tax withholdings by searching our Frequently Asked Questions at unemployment.oregon.gov.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,
The Oregon Employment Department

:eek::rolleyes:

To be clear, this was not me (AFAIK); I saw this on FB.

I had them take out both state and federal and I was never on PUA, only regular and then PEUC

But I thought those of you on unemployment who did only federal withholding would want to check.

OED has announced they are ahead of schedule with regards to implementing CAA (the new relief bill).

Many people are reporting that their status now shows a balance in their accounts.

Some people are reporting now getting paid for weeks claimed since the 26th (what a concept!).

I am still at:

Claim expired or totally paid out

But I do have a balance now.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads