JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

f2c62a90-9078-11ea-aeff-86208360837e.png

Well, that's progress - I guess; I can now see the "weeks claimed" status. The status for each week is pending, but I think that means they are now acknowledging that I have a valid claim and they will process each weekly claim.

Well, that's progress - I guess; I can now see the "weeks claimed" status. The status for each week is pending, but I think that means they are now acknowledging that I have a valid claim and they will process each weekly claim.

Not. Looking closer at the status, it says:

Week received - pending processing of Initial Claim

"pending processing of Initial Claim" I take to mean that they have not yet processed my initial claim.

:(

Hang in there Heretic. I think it was last Tuesday that it finally showed that they were paying me for 4 weeks. I received 8 checks in the mail on Friday (4 for the UI and 4 for the Fed checks). Now I just have to wait for the ReliaCard (the debit card they use) to show up, since that is what they will be dropping the money on next. I would have changed it to direct deposit, but was worried it would get screwed up again for a month, lol.

Ron

I received the reliacard in the mail on Monday, and had the funds deposited today (Wednesday). hopefully, you will get your checks on Friday.

It also looks like my benefits will run out in early October.

Last Edited:
I checked again just now and it seems they have processed my initial claim, found it valid and processed all of my weekly claims. They paid for all of them except for the waiting week, which I assume will eventually get paid too.

So now I can setup direct deposit.

Takes a load off my mind. Don't need the money - yet, but I prefer to not wait as stuff happens. Oregon is supposed to be fully funded and then some, so I don't think they will run out, especially with some people going back to work, but I don't trust the gov.

Next thing is to setup Medicare and SSi.

My regular benefits should run out the first week of October - I think. The 40th week. Then the extended benefits will kick in for 13 weeks and last until the end of the year when they expire.

Expanded federal benefits run out July 31st - thereafter only the regular state payment will be made.

This assumes there will be no more extensions and I don't find a job by then or go on some other program. I would not be surprised that there might be more extensions based on the unemployment rate or some other calculation.

Pols are also talking about extending the expansion, but not at a flat payment - something based on a calculation to take the full amount up to some level - hypothetical example; if you only get $200 UI each week, then they add $300 to take it to $500 max, or something like that - more targeted.

We will have to wait and see - I don't anticipate anything like that until July or August at the earliest.

I think another extension at the end of the year or early next year is maybe more likely, depending on how many people are still unemployed. IIRC, in 2008/2009, there was a lot of quibbling and some of the extensions had to be retroactive.

Some good questions and answers here for Oregon unemployed who are having problems:

e.g.:

There's an additional problem: the department began processing claims from contractors and self-employed workers last week through the new Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) program. But regular phone operators aren't trained to help PUA applicants and the department hasn't set up an alternative.

So workers from those categories may spend hours dialing in hopes of getting through, hours more on hold – and only learn at the end of that time that phone operators cannot help them.

Here's the employment's internal guidance on what those workers should do:

"Currently the PUA program does not have phones. Please direct claimants with PUA questions to visit our website athttps://govstatus.egov.com/ui-benefits/CARES for more information about Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA). If they still have questions they can email [email protected]with their question."

Congress approved a 13-week extension for unemployment benefits. For Oregonians whose benefits have expired, when will the extension kick in?

It has taken many weeks for Oregon to adopt the changes Congress authorized in March. The 13-week benefit extension is among those that hasn't kicked in here.

The employment department said Monday it expects the extension "to be up and running within the next week and a half."

--------

So maybe before the end of May?

Oregon UI seems to be answering specific/general questions on their Twitter account that apply to multiple people (i.e., not something about your specific claim, but applies to more than one person) that you may find helpful.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top