JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Greetings, all!

I wanted to hear from people what sort of snacks and food they carry with them while big game hunting. If you're out for 12-14 hour days during elk season and covering terrain, you've got to eat! I am hoping for advice about specific foods in relation to things like minimizing scent, ease of consumption, etc. I am also curious to hear about how people package their food, like how to avoid the crinkle of a ziplock bag.

Thanks!
Josh

I like sausages like landjaeger or a chunk of summer sausage, an apple or banana, a chunk of cheese and hershey's bar. Lots of water. This what I eat when I am hunting

th?id=OP.UIMQSnbQHN4FhA300C300&w=180&h=150&rs=1&pid=21.jpg

upload_2018-9-24_11-30-19.jpeg

Cold turkey or chicken.

Pressure cooked yams.

Lots of water.

Might have dried papaya or kiwi or regular bananas.

Ziplocks are the norm. I pack my extra clothes around it.

Shortloin Jerky peppered, water/, some Mint, a twinky, deviled ham sandwiches, dried banana chips and apricots.
a water purifier just in case. About everything food related, I leave in the truck water and dried fish snacks. ( added forgot small sandwich bad of Doritos I like them, and they light up easy if needed.)

Who needs food...

Heck most of these knuckleheads around here don't even get out of their trucks. Easy to carry a big mac and fries in the cupholder. lol.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top